Climbing for new characters 07/02/2012 11:17 AM CDT
Okay, i've already long since deleted all the traditional "run around repeatedly swimming and climbing" scripts because of various changes including heavy fatigue hits to climbing to make it unfeasible and I had assumed Climb Practice worked across all levels.

My new char is at 25 ranks, capped from the sewers ladder. now every single climbable place says "the climb is no challenge at all, so you stop practicing" (particularly the pear tree, arthe dale tree) or it simply says the climb is too difficult.

I checked elanthipedia because i know that's a load, and it clealry says these cap at 80~140 ranks. So just why can I not use climb practice?
Re: Climbing for new characters 07/02/2012 02:45 PM CDT

>>So just why can I not use climb practice?

I've asked this before, and I've had people offer tips and swear up and down that it works, but I've never found it to be worth anything.

I just swim a lot and wait patiently for the skills to be combined.
Re: Climbing for new characters 07/02/2012 04:19 PM CDT
Climb practice only worked for me when there were climbs somewhat in my range, post 70-80 ranks, and the. It required a brute force script to just repeat till locked (16-30 minutes).

If you're in crossings just go to epedia and get the crossing climb script and be ready to stay locked for 300 ranks.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Climbing for new characters 07/02/2012 08:27 PM CDT
<<be ready to stay locked for 300 ranks. >>

actually, i still lock it post 500 with a survival-prime <thief>. Climb practice I find useless except if you have to be outside of crossing.

which means i mostly use it at that range <70-100 roughly> for those characters who are hunting blood wolves in theren, either those new trees they put in in wolves, or the trees by the trail in lang.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Climbing for new characters 07/02/2012 09:11 PM CDT
Does anyone have an updated version of the crossing wall climibng script? I downloaded the sub 80 rank version on Epedia and it seems its very oudated with regards to all the walls.
Re: Climbing for new characters 07/02/2012 10:06 PM CDT
Climb practice will work eventually, but goodness it is slow. I lock climbing in 4-8 min by climbing a series of obstacles.

The best climb areas I know of are the talus trail south of Shard (40-100ish ranks), the la'tami cliffs near the Undergondola (150-500+ I think), and the la'tami cliffs on Aesry (60-120ish?). I'm sure there are more.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Climbing for new characters 07/03/2012 12:25 AM CDT
Climb practice is good when you don't have a series of things to spam climb.

It's the training equivalent of playing an instrument. There's very little you can to do lock "faster".

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2