Locksmithing suggestion 01/19/2017 08:09 AM CST
I've recently took up in a serious way locksmithing on my necromancer, and as a result keep wanting 'pet' boxes so the skill catches up with my combats. problem i'm facing is that even with boxes from mobs wildly higher than my current skill level, we're talking stomper boxes on a toon that is around the 150 ranks mark box wise, i'm opening them way too fast. SO I was thinking could there be an addition to locksmithing where you can relock a box that you just opened, for the purpose of training?
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 01/19/2017 08:42 AM CST

pick them blind<pick chest blind> with stout lockpicks and have full armor on.... see if that helps
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 01/19/2017 09:02 AM CST

ahh thanks, i will! just went through 3 pets in under an hour...not a sustainable rate!
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 01/19/2017 09:20 AM CST
Also stomper boxes are on the "easy" end of hard. I'd try to find some Xala pet boxes.
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 01/19/2017 04:23 PM CST

Pretty sure the accidental success was dropped in to stop unlimited locksmith skill learning without any risk.

Jalika
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 01/19/2017 08:42 PM CST
<Pretty sure the accidental success was dropped in to stop unlimited locksmith skill learning without any risk.

It is, I've tried Xala'shar and assassin boxes but have had just as much random success as raider boxes using pick blind with armor on.
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 10/24/2017 10:12 AM CDT
Pet boxes were a terrible thing years ago. They aren't coming back.

I'd like to suggest that loot box should give a slightly higher box drop rate, since you don't get any other treasure. This would make backtraining the skill less painful. The way it currently is, loot box has no point whatsoever.
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 10/24/2017 03:00 PM CDT
Don't forget to harvest traps, there's where I tend to get the most exp. Then yeah don't identify locks, just pick quick or blind.
Re: Locksmithing suggestion 10/26/2017 04:08 PM CDT
I agree. Why is there an option if it doesn't favor, by percentage, finding that loot?