please 3.0 box traps 12/20/2014 12:45 AM CST
One-shot kills from traps make me sad inside. It's very annoying to die in one shot from boxes these days.

Not to mention having to heal a completely exploded body. Ugh.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: please 3.0 box traps 12/20/2014 02:10 AM CST
<<Not to mention having to heal a completely exploded body.

To be fair, the teleport traps have always been one-shot kills, so that is kind of the point of that specific trap.

The handful of traps with damage that used to scale properly but no longer does in 3.0 could definitely be looked at, however.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: please 3.0 box traps 12/20/2014 11:53 AM CST
>>To be fair, the teleport traps have always been one-shot kills, so that is kind of the point of that specific trap.

This was a concussion trap. But yeah those should be fixed in particular, too.

>>The handful of traps with damage that used to scale properly but no longer does in 3.0 could definitely be looked at, however.

AFAIK, trap damage always "scaled" but it never really factored in your skill when you fail. So tripping an assassin box with 1000 ranks and tripping an assassin box with 0 ranks gives the same kind of injury (a big bad one)

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: please 3.0 box traps 12/20/2014 11:39 PM CST
>Not a GM, but if I had to guess, it matters based on how it is coded.

>For example, blade traps still always remove your hand. Now, new vit might make that bleeder less threatening, but the trap is still essentially going >"remove the hand". Other traps, like poison traps, just go "give X amount of poison". Once again, with new vit that may not be as big a "thing" anymore.

>If the trap is essentially set as "remove that person's head" it will still remove your head. If it is essentially set as "-1,000,000 vit," even with >the new vitality system it may not be enough to actually survive it.

1000 plat to someone for guessing who posted that originally.

In all seriousness, there is a point (tier of boxes) at which concussion traps change from being damage to being auto body part destruction... the messaging for failing the trap even changes... and this is my issue with them, because it does not scale, if falls off a cliff and into a bottomless pit.

That said, I changed the way I pick boxes to be more careful and haven't failed a box in about a year now.

For the GMs reading that and thinking, omg boxes are too easy I say: great, make them more challenging with better rewards.
Re: please 3.0 box traps 12/21/2014 12:21 AM CST

Oh and this was from Kodius on 11/22/12, regarding boxes in 3.0 in response to this question:

"Anyways the question is - Since how damage is calculated is changing alot, how will this affect boxes and death traps? Even in the current system of 1-hit kills, I die more by the hand of a blown instant-death box than I do against critters. Will this change in 3.0? "

>Redoing box damage is on my list. Expect to die less from 1-hits in many cases until we finish the new disease/poison system. I'd love for folks to get wounded and then slowly suffer debilitating problems as their wounds get infected. Not the current infection does nothing to melty-limb progression we have, but something similar to the Elder Scroll's types of infections.
Re: please 3.0 box traps 12/21/2014 12:32 AM CST
>>1000 plat to someone for guessing who posted that originally.

Oh oh oh I know!

>>Oh and this was from Kodius on 11/22/12, regarding boxes in 3.0 in response to this question:

And that's why I brought it up again, two years later. ;)

>>That said, I changed the way I pick boxes to be more careful and haven't failed a box in about a year now.

First box I failed in two or so years doing the same, but it's still annoying!