Reaper Traps 11/02/2014 12:44 PM CST
You begin work at disarming the coffer.

Not sure where to start, you begin by prying off the body of the crusty scarab, hoping to break it free of its clinging legs. It seems to work, until the discarded insect body explodes in a swirl of sand.

The sand devil spins and whirls, rapidly growing in intensity until it reaches the size of several Humans. As the stinging winds die down, they leave in their place several very angry vykathi reapers standing right beside you!

The stinging, sandy winds have made you pause.
Roundtime: 12 seconds.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

The orc raider closes to pole weapon range on you!

The vykathi reaper retreats from you.

Shouldn't reapers flex or something? It just seems funny that they'd run from me immediately.
Re: Reaper Traps 11/02/2014 03:35 PM CST
<<Shouldn't reapers flex or something? It just seems funny that they'd run from me immediately.

Were you already engaged with other creatures, like maybe some warcats in hiding or something? It's possible they're retreating because of engagement caps.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Reaper Traps 11/02/2014 06:58 PM CST
>>Shouldn't reapers flex or something

AFAIK they're based on the difficulty of the box not the skills of the person popping it.

Unless you're asking about something else.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Reaper Traps 11/03/2014 11:50 AM CST
I had one raider at missile range at the time. My impression what that they were retreating from me because they appraised me to be too difficult to fight. (They re-engaged and then re-retreated as well.) If they are properly flexing to box level, they shouldn't retreat from me since I'm hunting raiders actively right now.
Re: Reaper Traps 11/03/2014 12:08 PM CST
> My impression what that they were retreating from me because they appraised me to be too difficult to fight.

I don't think critters do that anymore. Off the top of my head, I'm only certain that dusk ogres don't, but I thought it was a general change to AI.
Re: Reaper Traps 11/03/2014 12:35 PM CST
>>I don't think critters do that anymore.

I don't know what triggers it (ie: an overall systems thing, some critters in particular, or whatever), but I sometimes have critters retreat because they like making my life hard. I've had dark sprites do it (which drives me insane since they'd be fun to fight if they didn't always spam magic, retreat, and spawn somewhere you're not...) as well as higher tier gryphons (because flying wasn't annoying enough).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Reaper Traps 11/03/2014 06:55 PM CST
>as well as higher tier gryphons (because flying wasn't annoying enough).

Yeah, I'm in raiders now because I didn't want to deal with the flying gryphons.

Anyway, it's not a major bug, it just makes that trap completely harmless to me is all.