Diva 08/09/2019 04:28 AM CDT
Greetings.

I've just returned after a good few years away and so many titles have changed, some for the better, some not so much. Mine is a plea for the reinstatement of my Bards title Diva, which she most certainly is in all definitions of the word !

I'd be interested to know why Diva got cut, it's just seems so very appropriate for the Bard profession.

May your days bring safe travels and your nights bring merry rest.

Diva Bethney Sari'larestu, Show Fighter of Elanthia
Re: Diva 08/09/2019 04:32 AM CDT
It's still there under the performance category.
Re: Diva 08/09/2019 06:05 AM CDT
Thank you for your speedy reply. I can see from the Elanthipedia Titles list that Diva is still listed but when you dive deeper the article behind is flagged as obsolete. Have you checked in game at all ?

Unfortunately I can't check in game as despite being 52 upon returning, I don't have the 300 Performance required to see if Diva is still there. I just seem to have 951 xp points sitting in an xp bonus pool which I presume to be what's left of the many days of actual instrumental performance when it was decided Bards needed to be more generic ??

Sorry, sounding a bit bitter but as far as I can see those points are just going to sit there and trickle out as double xp untill I earn them all back, again. If there is a way to get them all at once where I need them then fair enough but I haven't been able to find one.

Anyway that was totally off topic and sorry for the mini rant. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Re: Diva 08/09/2019 07:31 AM CDT
> Thank you for your speedy reply. I can see from the Elanthipedia Titles list that Diva is still listed but when you dive deeper the article behind is flagged as obsolete. Have you checked in game at all ?

It's there.

The following titles of the Performer category are available to you:

Musician, Composer, Conductor, Song Weaver, Song Writer, Performer, Stage Performer, Street Musician, Drummer, Fiddler, Harpist, Violinist, Battle Chanter, Chanteur, Chorus Boy, Crooner, Diva, Lyricist, Opera Singer, Screecher, Singer, Singing Student, Ventriloquist, Vocalist, Wedding Singer, Flutist, Piper, Bagpiper, Actor

> Sorry, sounding a bit bitter but as far as I can see those points are just going to sit there and trickle out as double xp untill I earn them all back, again. If there is a way to get them all at once where I need them then fair enough but I haven't been able to find one.

No way to dump them all at once. They'll give you double learning until they're gone. Using them up shouldn't take too long, especially with rested experience giving you triple learning.
Re: Diva 08/09/2019 08:34 AM CDT
Hi there, thanks for the info, very helpful. They look very familiar so perhaps not too much has changed at the higher levels in performance.

I'm sure that in the overall scheme of things, having close to 1000 rank points, which lets not forget I have already earned once, to earn back as double xp may not seem a big deal but in total I have 4777 ranks right now so we're talking about a large percentage of the work I had already invested in a Bard I loved for being so unique compared to generic "casters" in other games. Add to that the fact that I can no longer sing many of the songs (spells now) I used to due to, apparently now having too lower magic skills and it's all very disheartening to say the least.

Anyway, at least I can keep my Diva and thank you once again for taking the time to research this information for me. I very much enjoy the RP in Dragonrealms and I shudder to imagine the tantrum Bethney would have thrown if Guild Leader Silvyrfrost Had told her she had to give it up !