Weapon Titles 10/23/2015 07:07 PM CDT
Has there been any thought or decision about whether the titles in the WeaponMaster category will have their reqs changed to make up for there being fewer weapon skills now? Or new titles created with higher reqs?

In meaning, Weapon Master would be hard to beat. After all, if you've mastered all the weapons, then you've gone about as far as you can go. A title might have flashier words maybe.

Gender specificity is an issue with a lot of titles. Something like Weapon Lord would sound great for males, but the feminine counterpart, Weapon Lady, is technically correct but to me doesn't have the same punch. In peerage, Lady is associated with Lord, but in popular usage it's more linked to culture and refinement, not really weapons and combat. Someone after a weapon title is trying to be Xena, not Audrey. Plus, lady can be sort of slangy, as in a cleaning lady. Dame is a good feminine noun in peerage but also slangy. Unfortunately, there's just not as many female power nouns as male.

Weapon Master was probably intended as a gender neutral title, as in someone who has mastered all the weapons, but it comes off as more masculine than feminine to me, which is not ideal for female characters. Maybe adding counterpart Weapon Mistress would be an idea? I know some people don't like the word mistress. To me it means a woman in control or a Domme, but some think of the other context as a homewrecker. It has been used in other titles though.

I remember from history class that Stalin called artillery the "Queen of Battle." Now that's a title I could work toward.
Re: Weapon Titles 10/23/2015 07:15 PM CDT
I'm cool with anyone being able to pick weapon lord/lady.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Weapon Titles 10/25/2015 08:29 PM CDT
Second. Let people assign their own gender specific titles as they please. Titles are meta anyway.

A similar problem happened with magic titles, which used to require X number of ranks in total magic, which was quite a lot across like 4 skills, but now that we have more skills, it isn't nearly as impressive. You basically went from need 1000 in all skills down to like 600 in all skills, which is much easier to do.

Not really against tuning titles at all, but it doesn't bother me that people can get access to some of them a few ranks earlier.

As for adding a new tier of weapons based titles, sure. Though weapon master does sound pretty tough to top!
Re: Weapon Titles 10/25/2015 10:00 PM CDT
Titles are meta... we've had this discussion, titles are a part of renown, people know you as such an such, you need to meet requirements.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Weapon Titles 10/25/2015 11:11 PM CDT

> As for adding a new tier of weapons based titles, sure. Though weapon master does sound pretty tough to top!

You could always add levels of recognition.

Recognized weaponsmaster

acclaimed weaponsmaster

Illustrious weaponsmaster

Renowned weaponsmaster

Legendary weaponsmaster

Peerless weaponsmanster
Re: Weapon Titles 10/21/2020 01:54 PM CDT
Weapon Lordess