Squire/Apprentice titles 05/19/2014 03:29 PM CDT

I think some sort of 'Charname, Squire of Sir So-and-so' and/or 'Charname, So-and-so's Apprentice' post titles would be really good for the game.
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/19/2014 06:22 PM CDT
All of your suggestions lately are cool, but could you please stop posting them in multiple places? Armifer and other GMs are clearly reading the Paladin forums, so posting them there is fine.
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/19/2014 06:42 PM CDT

I was thinking about warrior mages' apprentices and such. I did double a couple I felt applied to multiple guilds. I'm kinda new to the forums so I wasn't sure how to lay some of them out. Sorry!
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/19/2014 10:14 PM CDT
GMs in the past have requested that title suggestions accompany requirements for those titles. So I'm curious, what constitutes a squire/apprentice for the general populace?

Nikpack
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/19/2014 10:20 PM CDT
>GMs in the past have requested that title suggestions accompany requirements for those titles. So I'm curious, what constitutes a squire/apprentice for the general populace?

You find someone to bonk you on the head with a sword or something, I guess.

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/20/2014 08:15 AM CDT
I probably shouldn't post "great idea" as often as I do, but I can't help it.

Good ideas are good ideas
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/20/2014 09:24 AM CDT

'Squire of' and 'Apprentice of' post title

Squire/Apprentice is circle 2 - 49

Elder is circle 51+

A short ritual that is a variant of marital bonding has been performed.

Upon the apprentice reaching circle 50 the bond is automatically undone.
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/20/2014 09:38 AM CDT
I don't know why there has to be any prerequisites. And since other guilds can also have apprentices (or some like designation), etc., others should have that options.

In the military an Aide-de-camp is an assistant to a general - that aid can also be a general. George Patton's Aide-de-camp was a 2 star general I believe.
Re: Squire/Apprentice titles 05/20/2014 01:29 PM CDT

Good points. It was requested so I figured 'why not?'. :) I just figured this would set a little order to the potential chaos and hopefully any ritual performed would be a nice foundation and testing ground for later things mechanically.