Sorcery titles 11/02/2013 11:23 AM CDT
Ricinus, is there a mechanism in place yet they will allow for Sorcery titles? It's been a while since this has been commented on and I know you mentioned there are some ready to go barring the Justice system working with them. Can we expect to see any titles redheaded any time soon?
Re: Sorcery titles 11/02/2013 12:23 PM CDT
I don't recall ever mentioning any work I was doing for updating Justice to work with certain titles, but once everything with HE and 3.1 calm down, if it's something folks want I don't mind poking at it.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate
Re: Sorcery titles 11/02/2013 02:19 PM CDT
Sorcery titles sounds like necro titles.. going to get in trouble every time you go into a justice zone... well, unless that particular one doesn't dislike Sorcery..

and the argument on this one regarding Sorcery vs sorcery doesn't work, going by 'Sorcerer Soandso' is going to make the public freak out, even if you mean for it to relate purly to one's skill with lower case sorcery.

of course, if you WANT to get hit with the SO death spiral, i suppose there's no reason not to let you..

>The shadowling exclaims, "Mana neeto!"
Re: Sorcery titles 11/02/2013 05:48 PM CDT
>Intended for now, though I have the titles written and in place if a mechanic gets added that gets you arrested for wearing it in justice areas. Or something like that.

>AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Sorcery titles 11/21/2013 08:53 AM CST
I don't know where I stand on this. I generally support bad outcomes and backlash for Sorcery, but a sorcerer could very well be nothing more than a practitioner of sorcery (lower case). Perhaps the assumption behind social outrage for a sorcery title would be built upon the assumption that the peasants know no different. It still seems like a grey area.
Re: Sorcery titles 01/22/2014 06:42 PM CST
on the other hand, you still have an NPC with the "title" sort of - ye olde sorcerer's hut on the southern trade route, which hasn't been visited to my knowledge, by the local constables :-).

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>
Re: Sorcery titles 02/23/2014 10:46 PM CST
>I don't recall ever mentioning any work I was doing for updating Justice to work with certain titles, but once everything with HE and 3.1 calm down, if it's something folks want I don't mind poking at it.

>FGM Ricinus
>Logistics Lead
>Magic, Sentients Team Member
>Cleric Advocate

Just wanted to bump this, would love to see some Sorcery titles introduced to the game.