Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 02:01 PM CDT
Heya folks,

I'd just moved over a large batch of title updates that includes all of the regular skill related titles. This release does not include any of the guild titles, though those are also very close to being squared away as well.

A few titles may have had minor changes in requirements, but in general they should all still be obtainable from the same amount of effort. Most of the changes were to set each title up to point to the correct skill instead of being redirected to the right skill. The Performance section of titles is an exception to this - a number of requirements needed to be changed due to the high likelihood that your total music skills are less than they were before. Some of those titles were given Scholarship requirements, some were given stat requirements.

The Novice, Practitioner, Aficionado, Adept.... sets of titles have been completely rewritten. The new skills are now available, the ordering of the listing has been changed, and a few of the old title names have been left for skills that were combined. Athletics, for example, has its own title but Swimming and Climbing are still there for people who want to be more specific. I didn't do this for every combined skill, because there are space limitations for these titles.

Please let me know if you find any oddities. This is live in Prime and Plat, and will migrate over to TF in a few days if all goes well.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 02:04 PM CDT
Seems like this shouldn't be happening....

You are Inner Fire Genius Starlear Lightsheer, Legendary Warrior Mage of Ilithi, an Elf.

- Starlear -
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 02:28 PM CDT
>>Inner Fire Genius

Should be fixed now. Some of the Inner Fire titles slipped through the cracks.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 02:31 PM CDT
Weapons, Magic, and Shield aren't showing any titles.

--Sunny
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 03:28 PM CDT
Toxophilite in the weapons category is acting funny; I've only got crossbows above 50. I think it's counting missle mastery as a bow weapon.
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 04:23 PM CDT
I don't see Sorcery available under Novice/Practitioner/etc.

-Artificer Nilassa

You notice Kssarh trying to remain hidden while speaking.
You hear the voice of Kssarh say, "Slackers."
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/23/2013 08:30 PM CDT
<<I don't see Sorcery available under Novice/Practitioner/etc.

According to http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Responses%20to%20GM%60Official%20Announcements/view/4936

Sorcery was intentionally left off.

Nikpack
Re: Skill Title Updates 03/24/2013 05:44 PM CDT
Thanks so much for giving me back "Runecrusher" I don't feel naked anymore!
How about the other races getting some titles now? I know Toggies would love them!

Some examples:

Togball Champion
Tog Grog Chugger
Shiney Headed
Porter
Giant
Tog

...you get the idea!

Runecrusher Smish
Re: Skill Title Updates 04/09/2013 04:30 PM CDT

It seems like the Slings skill isn't counting towards certain ranged titles. Currently I have:

Slings - 107
Bow - 104
Crossbow - 98

When I hit 100 in Slings first, I didn't get the Marksman ranged title. I got the title once my Bow skill hit 100. Currently, the RangeMaster title isn't showing up for me in the WeaponMaster category even though my 2nd highest ranged skill is over 100.