Custom tattoo 10/22/2005 11:05 AM CDT
Any idea when the next tattoo will be around? Can the board mod ask around? Thanks.

-Windharo
Re: Custom tattoo 10/25/2005 07:42 PM CDT
Any chance of magical tattoos? Ya know very basic spells. I'm imagining something like a blue oval. Touch it and an etheral shield (without static buildup...You can get a blue oval outlined in yellow for that) that would show up for a roisean or so. Each tattoo has built in charges, or a random* chance of fading from existance? two magical tattoos can be worn by someone who uses the same mana type, and one magical tattoo for non-mana type (ie bard can wear 2 elemental magic tattoos, but only one lunar magic). While if two tattoos of different mana type (life/lunar for example) are on someone's body then both limbs that contain a magical tattoo explode like a cambrinth would?

Ideas?
Volcanus
Re: Custom tattoo 10/26/2005 08:16 AM CDT
While a fun idea, I wouldn't expect to ever see it happen. We have many many intricate and deep systems in DR, however magical items/devices is not one of these systems. In fact, for a fantasy game (albeit one based on a certain degree of 'reality') we have a distinct lack of fun magic items. Its a shame too. Perhaps warmie enchanting will adjust the balance a bit, but if past instances are indicative of the trend (removal of runes for NMU's, scrubbing of tier 1 spell scrolls, downtweeks to drop rates of scolls, downtweeks to CJ) I would not expect to much in the way of powerful or useful magical items.

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
You thumb a platinum coin stamped with large letters that read "IN SSRA WE TRUST"
Re: Custom tattoo 10/26/2005 08:51 AM CDT
Clerical Enchanting is going to be like that. Magical tattoos.

~Aeth
Re: Custom tattoo 12/06/2005 02:12 PM CST
I thought Clerical Enchanting was going to be something with beads?

Stolas

There is knowledge hidden in the shadows