Prison Tats' 08/09/2004 09:48 PM CDT
The other day while venturing in Ratha, I ran apon a guy with a barcode type tattoo with 'Mer'Kesh Prison System' or something like that under it on his neck. I asked where he got it and he said everyone in the slammer gets one...I was wondering if this was true and if i'd have to serve a little time to get one...
Re: Prison Tats' 08/09/2004 10:31 PM CDT
You get one when you break the law in Mer'kresh and get sent to the Penal Colony.

~I am a world before I am a man. I was a creature before I could stand.~
Re: Prison Tats' 08/09/2004 11:12 PM CDT
ahh no, you get a wicked brand when you break the law on M'riss/Mer'Kresh, there is no place to get a tattoo there that I've seen & I send one of my main chars there quite often.

He probably got a custom tattoo, sorta nice one but way too modern as far as I am concerned but thats my opinion.
Re: Prison Tats' 08/10/2004 12:17 AM CDT
Meh, same thing.

~I am a world before I am a man. I was a creature before I could stand.~
Re: Prison Tats' 08/10/2004 09:32 AM CDT
How long does it last for? You get prison clothing too, don't you? It's amsuing I heard.

Mytherceria, Stylebunny Extraordinaire.
Re: Prison Tats' 08/11/2004 02:47 PM CDT
>The other day while venturing in Ratha, I ran apon a guy with a barcode type tattoo with 'Mer'Kesh Prison System' or something like that under it on his neck. I asked where he got it and he said everyone in the slammer gets one...I was wondering if this was true and if i'd have to serve a little time to get one...

He was pulling your chain. He got that tattoo from the tattoo artist Baidok who showed up in Theren a few weeks ago. I don't remember who it was but I do remember the tattoo.

~Vien De'Lionne of the Monks, a Prydaen.
Re: Prison Tats' 08/11/2004 08:06 PM CDT
Well, the clothing you have to get for yourself, not buy but go get a bag from a certain building there. The wicked brand is added when you are jailed and stripped, its removed when you serve your time.
There is a alternate way to get out but I've never had it work for me <whistles innocently> But in order to get your stuff back I believe you still lose the brand. Although I do have to admit the comments I get from the NPC guards when I'm recaught is funny when I still have my brand.
Kudos to the GMs that coded that in, any way to get some more "interaction" added for a already branded criminal when they are caught by the guards on the rock & other areas guards?

For instance, if I am still branded and get caught by Crossings guards they sneer at me and deride me for being a known criminal? and taunt me that I should have found someone to take care of it before I left the rock?
I'm thinking it may not be possible with the coding but it would be funny as heck. Oh well, one can hope.
Re: Prison Tats' 08/12/2004 08:41 AM CDT
That sounds like Darthiel. Don't quote me on that, though.

Bambina
Re: Prison Tats' 08/12/2004 06:57 PM CDT
Okay, so if I have this correct I can get caught naked to avoid having to reclaim stuff, and then just get off the island before I'm recaptured then I can just keep the brand indefinitely. Two questions.... does it disappear when you die and can I get the mark even with my tattoo?

Tarengail Eahlferend
Barbarian of the Realms
Re: Prison Tats' 08/16/2004 11:24 AM CDT
>>. Two questions.... does it disappear when you die and can I get the mark even with my tattoo?

Not totally sure on the death, but know at one point if got arrested it got put in your sack and couldn't put it back on. With a tattoo you will have no problem getting the brand.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Your mind hears Gelicast thinking, "shoot the gelv cyclops, not gelicast"