Rumors... Anyone know anything about these? 02/02/2006 01:29 PM CST
>ask stab for rumor
A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from a customer. A Riverhaven trader passing through here told me that he saw the Goblin warlord Gretak travling southwest, toward the mountains beyond Wolf Clan. Rumor has it that Gretak is trying to make an alliance with the western Goblins, and brought some mammoths with him as a gift."

>ask stab for rumor
A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from a customer. A trader passing through here told me that he saw a band of goblins travling south."

>ask stab for rumor
A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from Langenfirth. Merelew's Island isn't what it appears to be. They are using the draw of a fun time to round up wayward adventurers for internment there indefinately. Do you know where your children are?"

I believe the last one's a joke... internment?

"I'm not a thief, just a ranger with a hobby." - Kayasha
Re: Rumors... Anyone know anything about these? 02/02/2006 04:16 PM CST
The last ones very much a joke, seems some jokesters when we were building the arena kept saying that it was to house us for the merelews entertainment. Now the island has sunk the point is moot, even if my chars still keep getting a message on logon about being set up for the quest (shrugs)

"Slo ku pivo'hrr'shu, Azhaquai Tel'rath'a Gavelg. Ushnish's s'zhaan."
"Mivar Feas, Alrar Abues. Ruai Abarai'ati, Abarakh Zaradil."
"Moya Dha ch'ohalk vassai. Alia jacta est. Adflictatio, Delectatio.."
Re: Rumors... Anyone know anything about these? 02/02/2006 04:19 PM CST
The first two are definately event-related. Some poor soul was merrily slaughtered by Gretak, whose GM driver ended up not having his God Mode turned off due to a technical glitch.

The third one, I'm thinking is player-added. Trying to mix Merelew Island with Pinocchio, I'm thinking... And with all the folks that had gravitated to the island, I'm thinking the analogy wasn't too far off the mark.

Amagaim; the player of,

Our culture doesn't get smarter. It finds new ways of being retarded.