Rumor Treasures Found! 11/18/2004 06:07 PM CST
Heyo!

As of this week, Plat has found 2 treasures via the rumor system, with Prime and TF both having found one each. I'll be adding one more to each instance by the end of the weekend.

Since I used the same treasure and rumor in all three instances (not at the same time, and varying the exact location slightly), and this one treasure has been found in all three, I'll go ahead and share it so you can get a better idea of what types of things I'm doing.

The Clue:
Remember that poor Halfling Timothy that used to wander aimlessly around Crossing? Well, he was once overheard mumbling something about Penelope's lost hope. What makes it unusual is that he muttered that he was going to go back home and find it again someday.

I know several people were on the right track with this one, but searched Sickle Grove. However, while that was where Timothy worked, it wasn't his home. The treasure was hidden in/behind/under something in his actual house, or at least what's left of it.

The Treasure:
>tap hope chest
You tap a small hope chest that you are holding.
>look at hope chest
Carved from solid red oak, the chest is stout and sturdy despite its obvious age. The edges are rounded and worn with years of loving use, the brass clasp tarnished and dull. The faint scent of soot clings to the hope chest, a grim reminder that even hopes can be touched by darkness.
There appears to be something written on it.
>read hope chest
A small hope chest reads:
Dearest Penelope - May this chest keep your hopes alive. Love, T.B.
>open hope chest
You open your hope chest.
>look in hope chest
In the hope chest you see a faded gold ring, a junliar stem, a riolur leaf, some blocil berries, a jadice flower, a jadice flower, a jadice flower, a small jug of ithor potion, a jar of eghmok potion, some hulnik grass, a cebi root, some hisan salve, some hisan salve, some hisan salve, some nilos salve, some georin salve, some sufil sap, a cebi root, a nemoih root, a yelith root, a yelith root, a cebi root and a diamond necklace.
>look at ring in hope chest
Faintly inscribed on the inside the ring is the word "Forever".

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" - Al Jolson

LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dartenian/
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/18/2004 08:21 PM CST
Pretty cool, thanks for sharing, Dart.

~Thilan

Ruffles's fleet just arrived!
Ruffles says, "Ahoy, polloi!"
Ruffles's fleet sails off for ports unknown.
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/18/2004 09:50 PM CST
Okay, so then where was Timothy's home? I could have sworn the Burrows' lived in Sicle Grove... did they commute from the Dale each day? Have a house over in Dirge? Spill!

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/18/2004 10:48 PM CST
> Okay, so then where was Timothy's home? I could have sworn the Burrows' lived in Sicle Grove...

Let me rephrase slightly. They did not live in the Shelter, which is where most people were searching from what I saw/heard. Yes, they do have an actual home somewhere in the realms. I did mention part of my intent was to get people out and exploring, and learning a bit more about the history of the realms, yes?

The remaining treasure in Prime is in an area that never made Sablina/Ranik's maps, by the way. Good luck! <evil grin>

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/19/2004 12:37 AM CST
>The remaining treasure in Prime is in an area that never made Sablina/Ranik's maps, by the way. Good luck! <evil grin>

Rumor has it that one was found about half an hour before your post. :D

Moon Mage Nilassa
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/19/2004 12:57 AM CST
>>Nilassa>>Rumor has it that one was found about half an hour before your post. :D

Aww, no fair! Now you got to tell us where it was, or at least what map it would be on!

~Thilan

Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/19/2004 01:24 AM CST
> Rumor has it that one was found about half an hour before your post. :D

Yep, looks like it was!

> Aww, no fair! Now you got to tell us where it was, or at least what map it would be on!

I ain't tellin', but I'll share the clue. "An old hermit once lived in the ruined remains of a city beneath Crossing. No, really! Anyway, I hear rumor he found a lot of gold and gems hidden in the ruins, and if the stories are true, hid them somewhere in the ruined city. Somehow an Elven lass is involved in all this as well, but exactly how I do not know."

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/19/2004 10:55 AM CST
>>>Somehow an Elven lass is involved in all this as well, but exactly how I do not know.

Gah! No fair hiding things in Silvyrfrost's bedroom, Dart!

Amagaim; the player of,

"I'm fine! Of course I'm fine! I'm just thinking of the amount of teapots a walrus could eat while juggling George Clooney and David Hasselhof!"

--- Eastwood, Exterminatus Now
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/20/2004 09:36 PM CST
Anyone wanna spill the beans on which NPC's will tell rumors to us in prime? I've tried all of the ones I could find in haven and none of them know a thing. I'm a prydean warmie if it makes a differance.

Rigek

"Heh I never really liked him anyway...he wasn't right in the head..."
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/20/2004 11:41 PM CST
>Aww, no fair! Now you got to tell us where it was, or at least what map it would be on!

Well to be honest, I wasn't really the one who found it. I was just tagging along. But the other person is too lazy to post, so I will.

By the ruby light of the crimson fungus you see...
[The Sewers, Lost Crossing]
The remains of a crystalline sculpture lean forlornly against one wall. Once an elegant figure, the entire lower half is shattered. Thousands of tiny glassy shards lie in the muck and liquid of the tunnel, still rather shiny despite the oily slickness that covers everything. A low humming makes the wall stones quiver subtly, revealed as the sludge shakes sympathetically.
Also in the room: Scholar Kelvena.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest.
>l scul
In the dim ruby light you examine a crystalline sculpture.
The sculpture's subject is a young Elven lass smiling in delight at a small butterfly that rests upon one of her fingers.
>l behind scul
Behind the crystalline sculpture you see a crust-covered mahogany chest.

And later...

>open chest
You open your mahogany chest.
>l in chest
In the mahogany chest you see some gold coins, a gold coin, some gold coins, a large green sapphire, a small star ruby, some copper coins, a bronze coin, a medium red jasper and a crescentic moonstone amulet.
>get amul
You get a crescentic moonstone amulet strung from a triple-strand platinum chain from inside your mahogany chest.
>l amulet
In the dim ruby light you examine a crescentic moonstone amulet strung from a triple-strand platinum chain.
Nestled on a crescent-shaped platinum base is a shimmering cabochon moonstone, held in place at each gently blunted point. The milky interior refracts the colors of the inlay that lies beneath, softening the eye-like design fashioned from slivers of tranquil shades of sapphire.

Moon Mage Nilassa
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/21/2004 12:29 AM CST
Awesome! Of course, my Ranger wouldn't go anywhere near there, but it's cool to know that there's still unmapped areas of DR. Got to get to filling in those white spaces as they used to say.

And Rigek, the stableboy in the Trader Guild stables should talk to you. I can get around 3 or 4 rumors from him at a time with 15 charisma as a Human Ranger.

Now it's time to go roll up my gypsy bard...

~Thilan

Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/22/2004 07:33 PM CST
So have all the Treasures been found?

Legionnaire Deagar
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/25/2004 08:59 PM CST
I am curious to which NPC is haven does the rumors? anyone mind posting a heads up?

Just A Cleric
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/25/2004 09:16 PM CST
stableboy, one west of the temple, go door, and there he is. Talks to anyone as far as I know

-Starfay

"Then I began to notice that there were some quaint little specks floating in the rays of the moonlight....I watched them with a sense of soothing, and a sort of calm stole over me."
Re: Rumor Treasures Found! 11/26/2004 07:28 AM CST
I didn't see the Timothy rumor, but I actually went looking in the hunting preserve mansion because of one of the rumors someone submitted. There wasn't any treasure but it was a nice little exploration trip since the last time I went there was when I was a circle 3 WM in 96 and I only got there due to being lost in gobs at the time.

System Announcement: Please don't light any more fires in containers today, or place fires in containers.