A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 04:44 AM CDT
Rumor has it that a new treasure was hidden in each instance back on the 15th of October, and so far no one has found any of 'em. Tsk. Tsk.

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

"You ain't seen nothin' yet!" - Al Jolson

LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/dartenian/
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 04:46 AM CDT
<<Rumor has it that a new treasure was hidden in each instance back on the 15th of October, and so far no one has found any of 'em. Tsk. Tsk.>>

I think something's funky with the treasure system ... Meriel announced putting orgami envelopes in the treasure system probably six months ago and to this day I've never heard of anyone finding one.

Gizella
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 05:03 AM CDT
Ah, but I didn't hide it in the treasure system. I hid one treasure in each instance, somewhere in the realms. A clue to the hiding place is hidden in the rumor system to point folks along the way.

As far as the envelopes go, they are there. I know for a fact folks are finding them, although I really can't say how often.

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 06:02 AM CDT
did someone in prime find the first?

Kythryn
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 06:17 AM CDT
The answer to that is also in the Rumor System. I'll let ya'll in on what one or two of the first round treasures were and what clues led to them shortly after the current set is found. I won't be doing this every time, mind you, but I figure I'll at least let you see what the first couple of things were, and how the clues worked. After that, you are on your own!

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion

Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 10:26 AM CDT
I have yet to find a single NPC that will even talk to Hanryu, I know I'm a ranger so my options are limited but come on how hard are these folks to find! Maybe I'm not doing it right... I'm using

ASK <npm> ABOUT RUMOR

any hints? I'm in Haven right now big city should have someone I can talk to right?

--
Ranger Hanryu (I STILL want a last name)
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 10:34 AM CDT
try Ask whatsitsface for rumor

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 10:37 AM CDT
Or hold a bard hostage.
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 10:55 AM CDT
In Haven you can talk to the stableboy in the Trader Guild stables. He'll talk to me, a Ranger.

~Thilan

"Expanding before fortifying makes bad bridge design."
-From Hell
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 11:30 AM CDT
<<Ah, but I didn't hide it in the treasure system. I hid one treasure in each instance, somewhere in the realms. A clue to the hiding place is hidden in the rumor system to point folks along the way.>>

Ahh, silly me ... I'll learn to read one of these days. Thanks, Dart!
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 01:24 PM CDT
I check rumors at least once a day. I swear there are rumors that other people hear that I never do ... yet I get duplicates routinely *from the same barkeep/whatever* some right after one another.

~Dreamheart
Re: A Strange Rumor... 10/21/2004 02:36 PM CDT
> I swear there are rumors that other people hear that I never do ... yet I get duplicates routinely *from the same barkeep/whatever* some right after one another.

Not entirely surprising. Some NPCs are more talkative than others. Some rumors are more rare than others. If you are closer to an area where a lot of rumors are originating, you'll probably have a much larger pool to draw from at any given moment.

All of these factors can lead to an NPC only knowing a handful of rumors, and if they only have 2 common and 2 rare to choose from, odds are you are just going to hear the 2 common ones over and over most of the time, especially if they are a stingy NPC. People are just starting to use the system again, and hopefully as time goes by we'll see a much better spread, and far more fun rumors to find. My goal is to personally add at least 10 new GM rumors per province per month. Hopefully more, but that's a minimum target for me. Just give it a bit more time, and hopefully you'll get not only more player rumors, but some useful (event hints, treasure clues, etc) GM rumors as well!

- GM Dartenian
Platinum Events Team
Gnome & Kaldar Champion