Repeating NPCs 11/14/2003 01:10 PM CST
Are they running out of rumors or they just like to repeat themselves? They give 6 rumors, and out of 6, 3 are the same thing. I get this all the time.

>A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from a customer. If a Gnome finds a golden apple when Yavash is full, he will be restored to full health."

>A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from a customer. Remember awhile back when the Traders Guild was renegotiating their contract with the gem sellers? Well, seems the negotiator for the sellers was a well known member of the Dne family. I've been hearing that the gem sellers had him killed because of the terms he settled for. I can hardly credit it, but thats what I've heard."

>A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from a customer. Remember awhile back when the Traders Guild was renegotiating their contract with the gem sellers? Well, seems the negotiator for the sellers was a well known member of the Dne family. I've been hearing that Imaar had him killed. I can hardly credit that, but thats what I've heard."

>A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from a customer. Remember awhile back when the Traders Guild was renegotiating their contract with the gem sellers? Well, seems the negotiator for the sellers was a well known member of the Dne family. I've been hearing that Imaar had him killed. I can hardly credit that, but thats what I've heard."

>A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from Riverhaven. The invasions of late seem to be starting on the trade roads..."

>A stableboy ponders for a moment before saying, "You know, I did hear an interesting tidbit from Fayrin's Rest. A defense force is forming up on Aesry."

>Jeladric says, "Some people would have me believe she could ride here on a broom."
>Jeladric says, "Or that her and Talorc skip hand in hand up the north road."
>Jeladric asks, "There is a nice pitcure eh?"

Jeladric says, "Talorc skipping..."
Re: Repeating NPCs 11/14/2003 01:20 PM CST
Yea that bugs me to the repeating rumors. Is there anyway to fix it so that the table they tell you rumors from kind of subtracts the rumors they have told you and then gives you a better chance of hearing rumors that arent the same one over and over.
Re: Repeating NPCs 11/15/2003 10:00 AM CST
That was 5 unique rumors out of 6 times asking. That's not too bad at all. It's not like there's roundtime on it or a maximum number of times you can ask, it seems fine to me. I just keep asking over and over.

Apu
Re: Repeating NPCs 12/09/2003 02:34 PM CST
The rumors travel... The thing i'd like to see is when GMPC's are in front of a rumor spot the event that happens goes into the rumor mill...

Like "Idora was seen talking to Lindryl at Taelberts Inn, Isn't that interesting?'...

or something along those lines.

since the Rumor NPC is there, they would of course see it.

Your mind hears Lindryl thinking, "I had 2 NPCs out... I vote yes."