Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 08:28 AM CST
As I understand it, certain guilds gain the ability to teach riders how to do certain things on their horses upon completing a certain circle. How does one go about doing that?

For instance, I believe Bards are able to teach people how to pick items up from the ground while on a horse or something to that effect. Is that an innate ability? My guild leader never mentioned it. And if I have to ask them about it, what are you supposed to ask them exactly? If this is a secret, I apologize for asking on the boards.
Thanks!
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 09:30 AM CST
IIRC, Bards are able to teach people how to GRAB (like you said, nab something off the ground from on horseback). Rangers can teach bareback, etc. As far as I recall having bareback came naturally and I did not have to ask Kalika about it, but I think there may be a circle req. There is also a higher req (40, 50? something in there) to teach this ability to other people.

So when I want to learn all the other guild abilities I sought out high level warrior mages, paladins, bards, traders to teach.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 10:00 AM CST
you have to first have general horse knowledge, then you learn about grab from the stablemasters. you learn both things from the stablemasters. you don't learn it from your guildleaders. there is a stablemaster in the mews <out the north gate a bit> from crossing. the one in the premium area by beech grove - near elbains <therengia> teaches all of em. theres 2 different stablemaster, one only teaches ranger stuff, and the other one teaches general knowledge. also as a bard ask em about magic and prep.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 10:14 AM CST
Thanks all for the info! Even though I realize I posted this in the wrong folder.

~Terra
Fire Dancer of Velaka
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 12:30 PM CST
Is there a command that will show what my horse knows? I've been trying to figure out if my horse has learned jousting. New hobby.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 01:28 PM CST
only way i know is to have a ranger try to instruct it in whatever class.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 02/28/2008 02:21 PM CST
>Is there a command that will show what my horse knows? I've been trying to figure out if my horse has learned jousting. New hobby.

Aaaargh, we desperately need this. It should also know what you (the rider) has been trained in, as well.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com

Reckus 4.02 is out. More noob-friendly!
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 03/01/2008 02:22 AM CST
>>So when I want to learn all the other guild abilities I sought out high level warrior mages, paladins, bards, traders to teach.

Barbarians teach loading from horseback.
Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 03/01/2008 04:37 AM CST
rangers also teach bareback to the person, the other things they all teach to the horse.

Re: Learning how to teach a horse? 03/01/2008 09:36 AM CST
Trader's teach advanced riding where you skip some rooms if in a straight line while galloping.