If wishes were horses... 09/29/2005 01:50 PM CDT
How about having a race track/jumping course where the horse can get experience and be a champion! I'd love to have some competitions based on us working our horses...

Life is a game and you were put here to entertain me.

It's in the Bag! http://skyela.cjb.cc
Re: If wishes were horses... 09/29/2005 02:00 PM CDT
>How about having a race track/jumping course

Hmmm, a use for all those 30+ strength gnomes. They'd make the best jockies.
Re: If wishes were horses... 09/29/2005 09:47 PM CDT
>>How about having a race track/jumping course where the horse can get experience and be a champion! I'd love to have some competitions based on us working our horses...

We at least have the track/course, but either the horse (and rider!) doesn't learn or it don't actually work. I'd love to see it expanded beyond one room, though.

And we have the Steel Claw Clan arena (which appears to actually work), we should be able to 1)joust in there, 2)fight with our horses there, and 3)fight against horses and horse-like critters.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/01/2005 09:52 AM CDT
What might make sense for a paladin...

Make the bond directly dependent on animal lore skill. 50 animal lore = first bond, 100 animal lore = second bond.

Make animal lore skill learned by doing the same things that increase bond.

Much easier.

Cavalier Calemnon, Knight of Therengia
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/02/2005 08:39 PM CDT
Only problem then is that it wouldn't really be you bonding with your horse... presumably you could have a 2nd level bond with a horse you just bought as long as you have 100 AL.

Animal lore definitely needs to both be learned through horse interaction and actually serve a purpose other than titles.

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/22/2005 01:52 AM CDT
Animal lore serve a purpose??!

Now thats just crazy talk, come on now its intended to be one of those skills that sounds really nice but does nothing.

But give us race tracks and the ability to breed horses like rasing the little companions for rangers and make animal lore part of the whole "breeding a champion" adventure and I'd actually work the skill beyond the 35 I needed to get my wolf.

P.S, the Animal lore titles are sort of nifty tho...
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/22/2005 02:49 PM CDT
<<But give us race tracks and the ability to breed horses like rasing the little companions for rangers and make animal lore part of the whole "breeding a champion" adventure and I'd actually work the skill beyond the 35 I needed to get my wolf.>>

For a ranger, it also serves a nice peripheral purpose--you can use it as your primary lore skill for circling, which is grand because it's both very simple to train and gains at a primary skill rate.

I hope they come up with many other benefits for the skill, though. C'monnn Team Ranger.

Oh, and I hope some of those benefits are cross-guild, not just ranger-specific. If a non-ranger SOMEHOW trains animal lore up past 200 or so, they should have something to show for it.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 04:11 PM CDT
You sure about the primary lore for circling? If my EXP LORE is correct, looks like we still only get to count appraisal, scholarship, teaching and mech...
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 04:12 PM CDT
Animal Lore does not count as a circling lore for Rangers.

-Teeklin

"I am a leaf in the wind. Watch how I soar."
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 05:09 PM CDT
<<Animal Lore does not count as a circling lore for Rangers.>>

Grah. I stand corrected, and I ask, why not?

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 06:07 PM CDT
Because they learn it at a prime rate?I would love the precedent though.secondary skill learned at a prime rate and still useable for circling.
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 07:41 PM CDT
<<Because they learn it at a prime rate?I would love the precedent though.secondary skill learned at a prime rate and still useable for circling.>>

Lore is tertiary for rangers.

And the reason it's treated as a primary skill is because it's particularly and especially within the ranger's sphere of influence, moreso than any of the other lores. I don't see why that same reasoning wouldn't also apply to making it circling-applicable.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 08:39 PM CDT
I think it's something as simple as "it hasn't been added yet."

Also as an addendum to my previous post, it may count for circling, but it doesn't count in your overall lore ranks when you type EXP LORE.

-Teeklin

Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 10:47 PM CDT
At the moment, it wouldn't be an issue because learning it can be such a pain. Down the line when Animal Lore has more options to learn it by, I can see some issues. The only way to balance allowing Animal Lore (which is learned at a primary rate for Rangers) to count toward a tert skill requirement would be to increase the overall requirement for that tert skillset.
Re: If wishes were horses... 10/23/2005 11:02 PM CDT
With how easy AL is to train now it could be required at 2 ranks a circle (hard AL req) and most anyone would be able to keep up just fine.

-Teeklin

Re: If wishes were horses... :Nudge: 10/24/2005 04:36 PM CDT
It may be more helpful to the Ranger team if the discussion of Animal Lore and Ranger circle requirements be continued in the Ranger folder. I just used "Ranger" 3 times in a sentence...

Please email any questions to me (MOD-Lirionic@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thank you.

-Lirionic