Further instruction on war 12/20/2002 12:32 AM CST
Ok, currently as it stands, rangers are the only ones that can teach war and after they are taught, they start out at a very low skill level.

How about making it possible for a paladin who owns a horse to further instruct it in combat, increasing its combat skills gradually, until the horse is eventually nearly equal to the paladin in all its combat skills? This would help in situations where a paladin can't bring its horse hunting with him because the horse is simply no match for critters on its owner's skill level...

Would be nice if a horse was actually helpful to its owner in combat, rather than only hitting things if the owner stuns it first.
Re: Further instruction on war 12/20/2002 11:47 AM CST
<<How about making it possible for a paladin who owns a horse to further instruct it in combat, increasing its combat skills gradually, until the horse is eventually nearly equal to the paladin in all its combat skills? >>

Not sure what methods of training you are used with your horse, but I have successfully trained mine to the point where it can kill vipers and gargoyles without any aid from myself.

Started in goblins, then reavers and wind hounds, then blood wolves, then snowbeasts, and finally vipers and gargs. Granted that is a bit below my maximum level of hunting, but it is where I am training skills now so if the horse continues to improve there so be it.

If not we will both move up when I need to. But I have no doubt that a horse could be trained up to Adan'f and beyond. It will just take a great deal of time and work with the horse.

And if this relates to the Lang Peccs area, Lady Aelennar has trained her horse up to the point where her horse kills Peccs and swamp trolls with aid from herself. She has yet to work her horse to Adan'f level though.

So you could speak to myself, or seek out Lady Aelennar. I would be willing to wager she would speak of this as well.

Candidus
Re: Further instruction on war 12/20/2002 12:39 PM CST

Small correction to my prior post.

<<And if this relates to the Lang Peccs area, Lady Aelennar has trained her horse up to the point where her horse kills Peccs and swamp trolls with aid from herself. She has yet to work her horse to Adan'f level though.>>

Should read that Aelennar has trained her horse up to the point where the horse kills Peccs and swamp trolls WITHOUT aid from herself.

Candidus
Re: Further instruction on war 09/21/2008 12:51 PM CDT
thats odd because ive never realy hunted much with my horse, but now im trying to bond with her and i went into pecs and my horse just wasted them, she kills gargs in one or two shots and i didnt do the starting out with low critters and working her up, do i just have a awesome horse? i dont undersatnd why you had to train yours up, this is odd, heh