Horses 12/08/2011 02:11 PM CST
I understand the Mounts system isn't numero uno on the list of things to dev, but I think this idea would be great, and not too terribly hard to incorporate.

Saddle bags!

Simple saddle backs, that would be similar in carrying capacity to a boar clan rucksack would be awesome. You could also strap two things to them. Ideally, it would go something like this:

>approach horse
blah blah blah

>put saddle bag on horse
You sling the saddle bags over the horses back, securing them with a small strap running beneath it's belly.

>put helmet in left bag
You put your helmet in the saddle bag on the left side of the horse.

>put gloves in right bag
You put our gloves in the saddle bag on the right side of the horse.

>look in left bag
In the left saddle bag you see a helmet.

>look in right bag
In the right saddle bag you see a pair of gloves.

>Tie longbow to right saddle bag
You securely fasten your longbow to the outside of the right saddle bag

>tie composite bow to left saddle bag
You securely fasten to composite bow to the outside of the left saddle bag.

Essentially, you'd have one "Saddle bags" you would put on the horse/carry around, etc. but it is broken up into two bags, similar to a set of saddle bags. I know I'd pay a pretty penny to have something like this.
Also, I'd like to see in the near future if the horses war ability could be extended to barbs, but now's not the time nor place to talk about that one. :P

-Healf
Re: Horses 12/08/2011 05:58 PM CST
Not that I don't love the idea. I do, but this has been suggested before (I think I did it somewhere, not your exact concept, but very similar).

Oh, and as such:

Healf's post on Saddlebags +1

Re: Horses 12/08/2011 06:45 PM CST
I figured it'd been suggested before, but I wanted to add my support to the idea, which I think is a great one, and wouldn't be the hardest thing to develop and might sate the appetite while we wait for 3.0.
Re: Horses 12/08/2011 11:54 PM CST
functional saddle bags, of course. there are saddle bags already in game, but they aren't functional.
From my trader's vault listing:

a folding cane chair with a silk-covered seat
a sticky candy S'Kra Mur skull
a patterned snakeskin ledger case clasped with a gilded viper fang
an origami primer
*some tanned leather saddle bags worked with the image of a horse in mid-gallop*
a shiny red apple

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
Re: Horses 12/09/2011 08:13 PM CST
I would very much like it if we could stable the horse wearing its saddle and such. I like my horse, but not enough to dedicate several vault spaces to him.
Re: Horses 12/09/2011 11:18 PM CST
>I would very much like it if we could stable the horse wearing its saddle and such. I like my horse, but not enough to dedicate several vault spaces to him.

This, although...

As a premie you can BUNDLE HORSE at the stable and they take everything off and stick it in a packet. It doesn't condense it into one vault space, but it is nice not to have to fight to take everything off, put it in the vault, and take it back out.
Re: Horses 12/10/2011 10:02 AM CST
Really, they have a bundle....

Maybe, I've always taken all of the stuff off before hand or something. I don't recall seeing that option.

Re: Horses 12/10/2011 02:12 PM CST
> I don't recall seeing that option.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Horses#Stabling

It's in the second paragraph of the Stabling Section. It's pretty cool.