That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/19/2007 09:38 PM CDT
Can anyone tell me how to get my horse/pony past that long roundtime into marauders so that I can ride up to Muspar'i instead of walking? My trader tried to ride her pony through there and I couldn't make it work. Caravans can go there but not her pony.

Bard Lydaiva's (and others) player
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/19/2007 09:53 PM CDT
I agree that that's one thing about horses that needs to be fixed. And that's the biggest reason why my chars that have horses seldom ride them.

When people in-game ask me why I don't have a horse or ride them, I tell them I like my feet better: There are too many places where a horse could break its leg. I figure that's IC enough!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/19/2007 10:01 PM CDT
Horse or no horse, that roundtime is just stupid.

But yeah, it is a shame horses aren't really viable.
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/19/2007 11:30 PM CDT
>Horse or no horse, that roundtime is just stupid.

Your main is a MM, right? That usually makes it much easier.

Yoakena appears as a faint green star, threatening to flicker out of existence at any moment.
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/20/2007 12:53 PM CDT
Can anyone tell me how to get my horse/pony past that long roundtime into marauders so that I can ride up to Muspar'i instead of walking? My trader tried to ride her pony through there and I couldn't make it work. Caravans can go there but not her pony.

I personally feel that anywhere a caravan can go, a pony should be able to go. The caravan is pulled by a four-legged animal, after all, be it yak, donkey, or whatever. We're not talking a goat track up a sheer mountain. Does anyone know if it is possible to take a mount down that path/trail/road into marauders by Therenborough? I tried leading the pony when it said I could not ride in that direction but the pony did not follow me.

Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/20/2007 01:07 PM CDT
<<I personally feel that anywhere a caravan can go, a pony should be able to go>>

Can't caravans still follow traders into trees?

I've lived in darkness a long time. Over the years my eyes adjusted until the dark became my world and I could see.
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/20/2007 02:35 PM CDT
>Your main is a MM, right? That usually makes it much easier.

Yes. However, I play other characters and I like to leave moonbeams set in other places. More generally, however, I'm not so close-minded that I only think about my own personal playing experience. I make suggestions that I think will better the game as a whole.
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/20/2007 03:29 PM CDT
Can't caravans still follow traders into trees?

I don't know. My trader doesn't climb trees while she has a caravan following her.

Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/20/2007 04:24 PM CDT
They can. My trader had her caravan climbing trees and walking over the poplar on the Northwall Trail, while I was experimenting.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/22/2007 01:42 AM CDT
One time I was able to lead Max through that long dusty road, but it was a surprise. I didn't know he actually followed me until much later when I was finished hunting and came back to the road to go back, and there he was. Of course, I couldn't get him to walk back again! Well, maybe I didn't have enough patience because I just don't know how long it took him to go along that road the first time. I gave up and had the stablehands go get him.

There are frustratingly (is that even a word?) very little places to bring your horses. In Theren area, I can take Max to peccs, and I can lead him up and around blood wolves trails, but I can't ride him up that trail. But it would be fun to take him to marauders.

Hopefully GM's are working on that companion system so that our horses will combat with us again soon.

Holy Warrior Airoza and her faithful Warhorse Sir Maximus
Re: That Stupid Long Roundtime Up By Therenborough 09/22/2007 12:19 PM CDT
I posted in the Therenborough folder and GM Alvy said she would look into that trail as soon as she got a chance.