Tack 03/18/2006 11:28 PM CST
I've heard the tack disappears if you log out before returning the horse but will the stables hold your tack for you? Or do I have to lug my saddle around all the time? T_T

Also, are there penalties for having the horse out of the stable for too long?

And, is it safe to leave it in a room by itself, while I'm hunting, for example?

Thanks!
Re: Tack 03/19/2006 04:55 AM CST
>I've heard the tack disappears if you log out before returning the horse but will the stables hold your tack for you? Or do I have to lug my saddle around all the time? T_T

*Yes, the tack does disappear if you don't stable the horse first and the stables will not hold your tack. I keep only a bridle in my pack and ride it bareback if I need to.

*If you log back quick enough (a matter of minutes afaik), the horse might still be out in the wilds along with its tack and you can collect it yourself. However, it does tend to move a few rooms during that time and the horse usually becomes bugged, as in it doesn't follow when you try to lead it around. To fix it have the stableguys return it to you. So IF the horse is still out in the wilds, they'll return it with tack.

>Also, are there penalties for having the horse out of the stable for too long?

None that I know of.

>And, is it safe to leave it in a room by itself, while I'm hunting, for example?

Yes, as long as you stay IG. Horses don't take damage and don't die of starvation if you happen to neglect their feeding and grooming. And noone besides the owner can move them.

Lyonet
Re: Tack 03/19/2006 09:27 AM CST
If you leave your horse in an area where it can graze, it should be all right while you are hunting. But you'll want to stable it before you log out. However, I'm not sure what the long-term effects of leaving it alone are. As long as you are in-game and taking care of your horse it should be quite safe- barring silly players who think it's fun to kill it (and there are a few!)

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Tack and Armor 01/02/2009 03:49 AM CST
I remember reading a long while back that anything worn on a horse at the time of a game crash was subject to disappearance without recovery.

Is this still the case, or has this been fixed? Right now I have no plans of armoring up a horse, but I do have a nice saddle and tack set from a fest that I'd rather not risk as an offering to the gods.

= Father Aristron Karanea =
Re: Tack and Armor 01/02/2009 05:04 AM CST
>>I remember reading a long while back that anything worn on a horse at the time of a game crash was subject to disappearance without recovery.

We have yet to find a method to save when the server crashes on us. However, if you assist we will do our absolute best to help you recover the items. If you register them that helps us even more.

GM Oolan Jeel

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs." Robert Firth