Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 01/27/2013 12:48 PM CST
So, according to Elanthipedia http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Horse#Taught_to_Horses , my Ranger should be able to instruct lots of neat things (she's 45).

However, when I hit Instruct...
R> instruct

You currently know how to instruct a horse using the following keywords: JOUST.
You currently know how to instruct people using the following keywords: BAREBACK.

Is it assumed I know the others cause I'm a cool Ranger-lass and they're just not listed? Or is the system broke even that much?

Or do I need to go ask someone to teach me to teach a horse?

Thanks!

-TPO
Karisalthna
Re: Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 01/27/2013 12:57 PM CST
You need to go to stable masters and stable hands to learn about the things to teach horses. Stable hands know most the tricks, and stable masters know the other stuff. There are things you need to learn from other guilds too. Looks like you have been taught to joust by a paladin which is why you can instruct a horse to joust.

This has good information.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Horse
Re: Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 01/27/2013 09:21 PM CST
That's actually the base link of what I posted, so I've read it.

And now I've tried going to every Stable Master and any stable-hand I can find, NPC or not, from Theren down to Leth.

Any other clues?

Thanks!

-TPO
Karisalthna
Re: Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 01/28/2013 06:36 AM CST
Been a long time since I did all that training in order to instruct horses, IIRC horse clan is where you want to go to learn. then other guilds will have to teach the other skills.
Re: Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 01/29/2013 12:22 PM CST

Including the one in the stable in the Mews? Pretty sure there's one there who teaches quite a few skills.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 01/29/2013 12:34 PM CST
i know that if you're an estate holder <premium>, you can learn it from the stablemaster in the elbains clubhouse.

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: Ranger learning to Instruct a Mount 02/28/2013 06:23 PM CST

Some of the things the stable hands/masters teach you. Other instructs you have to search out and learn from different guilds. It's kind of a pain but does promote having to socialize a bit to learn them all.