Climbing something with a horse 06/29/2012 10:09 AM CDT
I have just purchased a horse with one of my empath characters.

While riding it to eels west of crossing, I was unable to ride it into the ravine, and was messaged by the system that i should get the horse to "climb" the ravine. I was unable to find an appropriate signal <the horse is untrained, as it was purchased thru the corral system <no hi-level rangers currently able to train them platside>.

I resorted to dismounting and then leading the horse through the ravine - which by the way, you "go" ravine, not "climb" it to enter the eels area.

Is there a command to have a horse climb something while mounted? I tried various syntax, and even after looking through elanthepedia could not find the proper command. The closest i could find was "jump", would this work to have the horse climb, or is this just for "trick" riding?

thanks.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Climbing something with a horse 06/30/2012 12:50 PM CDT

I never tried but did you signal horse to jump <object/portal>? (that does seem to be listed as a trick according to elanthipedia, though)

If its just go <portal> leading should be the normal option but I assume you meant to ask for future reference for climbable entry points.
Re: Climbing something with a horse 07/01/2012 07:27 AM CDT
the problem is, this is not something that a person "climbs" to get to, its the ravine to get to eels, and the command for a PC to get there is just "go ravine". That's why it was puzzling that somehow the system wanted my horse to climb it to get there.

The problem is right now there isn't any rangers playing plat right now that can teach horses, to my knowledge. I suppose I'll have to train my ranger up to get my horse trained. :-)
So there isn't anything I can "signal" the horse to do as yet.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Climbing something with a horse 07/01/2012 11:35 AM CDT
>The problem is right now there isn't any rangers playing plat right now that can teach horses, to my knowledge.

This is part of my understanding and support argument for why plat could consider a rapidly achievable circle cap in that other thread, and like I said over there that doesn't have to mean 150th there's simply a lot of features that could be useful to plat players before 100th and horse wrangling is great for RP without "leet trained numbers" being relevant, just requires way high circle
Re: Climbing something with a horse 07/04/2012 04:34 AM CDT
>>This is part of my understanding and support argument for why plat could consider a rapidly achievable circle cap in that other thread, and like I said over there that doesn't have to mean 150th there's simply a lot of features that could be useful to plat players before 100th and horse wrangling is great for RP without "leet trained numbers" being relevant, just requires way high circle

The problem isn't a Ranger of sufficient circle as it is one of sufficient interest in the horse system. I know of at least two active who could do it if they wanted to. It's just that they find the system about as much fun as a hemorrhoid.

~The Prydaen~