Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 11/14/2004 02:12 PM CST

This is impossible and needs to be fixed so that these don't gen:

The mare has a white mark on the left foreleg extending from the coronet to the hock.

Hocks are ONLY on the hind legs! I've seen a few deformed horses wandering around and it bugs me.. a small thing, yes, but, still!

Kilaana
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 11/14/2004 02:37 PM CST
What's the correct term? Whithers?

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 11/14/2004 07:50 PM CST
>The mare has a white mark on the left foreleg extending from the coronet to the hock.

Should be ...

The mare has a white mark on the left foreleg extending from the coronet to the knee.

I generally glance over a lot of the marks because they don't make any sense in terms of what real horses normally have. <wry grin> That and such a mark would normally be called a sock.
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 11/14/2004 08:12 PM CST
This bothers me also, in a generally apathetic way. It seems odd that the designers have habitually made up fantastical words for things like pants and weapons (and god knows what, because I sure don't) to fit in with made-up-languages that only 20 people will ever get, yet something like horse terms that any interested horse person knows (or can look up) are dumbed down. The guy brushes down the horses neck where the mane joins the back... withers. They even mention 'withers' on the website (to do with how many HH, of course). Why can't we have a palomino? And the legs do sometimes scare me on these horses. If I ever get my pony, will she have frogs?

Z.
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 11/15/2004 08:13 PM CST
What bothers me is stallions being gelded in the wilds.

~Dulcinia

[Miekhael] "{faintly}" "Your butt is very womanish. And that's a good thing, if it's attached to a woman."
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 11/16/2004 11:06 AM CST
>>>What bothers me is stallions being gelded in the wilds.

I bet it bothers the wild stallions too!

Trigger: "Hey Scout! I bet you can't jump that cactus!"
Scout: "Oh yeah? Watch!"

Artaban
I thought it was funny.
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/18/2005 01:35 PM CST
>>What bothers me is stallions being gelded in the wilds.

>~Dulcinia>>

Horses practice some kind of initiating rites, maybe?

-Sadeia
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/18/2005 02:53 PM CST
either that or they hadn't been trained how to jump a fence properly...

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/18/2005 06:22 PM CST
Its called Catch and Release, with a slight bit of unnecessary surgery first.
:-)

Mole

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN!
After the stampede the artist Three Solid Frogs got to his feet, retrieved his brush from his nostril, pulled his easel out of a tree, and tried to think placid thoughts.
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/21/2005 07:53 AM CST
I believe this was a GM fix (pun intended) for the bug where horses were reproducing many many times over creating huge herds that would overflow into rivers and onto barges and ferries. <tounge very much in cheek>

Got Body Parts?
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/21/2005 04:54 PM CST
>>I believe this was a GM fix (pun intended) for the bug where horses were reproducing many many times over creating huge herds that would overflow into rivers and onto barges and ferries. <tounge very much in cheek>

What, were they half rabbit or something? :)

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/23/2005 10:09 AM CST
>What, were they half rabbit or something? :)

That would explain the feet part, too. And J'Lo, you never fail to make me laugh out loud at work!

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 02/23/2005 05:55 PM CST
>>J'Lo, you never fail to make me laugh out loud at work!

Thanks! It's a natural gift of mine, too, so it's not like some strange skeleton in my closet coming out to play online.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Horse anatomy 101 = PROBLEM! 03/21/2005 10:39 AM CST
>>either that or they hadn't been trained how to jump a fence properly...

Heh.. that reminds of a joke based on the old Munro Leaf tale of Ferdinand the Bull.

Now Ferdinand didn't like to fight and butt heads like the other bulls, preferring instead to sit under the nice cool shade of a tree and smell flowers. One day, having grown big and strong, he became enamored with a cow in the next pasture.. but his desire was thwarted by the fence between them.

Every day he'd walk up the fence and gaze at the object of his affections, but always he'd return to his tree to sit and smell the flowers. One day, unable to contain himself any longer, he gathered all his courage... and with a mighty leap hurtled himself over the barrier.

"That was amazing!" the pretty young cow exclaimed.

"I've noticed you over in the next field every day sitting under that tree and smelling the flowers.. aren't you Ferdinand the Bull?" she asked.

Panting, he replied, "Just call me Ferdinand, ma'am, that fence was a little higher than I thought."

~Kyrrian