Horses leading/riding Shard 08/03/2004 06:35 PM CDT
Today i was teaching horses, like i always am now of days and i decided to take a trip to the Adan'f safe spot only to find that the horse i was using didn't go pass the end of the bridge, and when i got off and tried to lead it it wouldnt' follow into that room.

[Shard, South Bridge]
The whispering murmur of water can be heard emanating from the darkness below. Falling into the murky depths from here could be fatal, as no one would notice any time soon. Holes in the planks make walking here a treacherous task.
Obvious paths: north, south.

the horse wouldn't enter this room, then i thought maybe it was the horse so i went can caught a new one, and tried again and this horse wouldn't follow. Hopefully you can check into this soon seeing as it cuts off alot of access considering the safe spot is a high mana area for rangers, and the only semi gathering spot left in shard.

Those who pride themselves on being the Hunter can easily become the prey.
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/03/2004 06:45 PM CDT
[Shard, South Bridge]
The whispering murmur of water can be heard emanating from the darkness below. Falling into the murky depths from here could be fatal, as no one would notice any time soon. Holes in the planks make walking here a treacherous task.
Obvious paths: north, south. <--

Seems like your answer is in the description of the location. Holes, treacherous etc..your not going to get a horse across that easily if at all.

Jim

"There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman." DZ.
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/03/2004 07:16 PM CDT
Caravans go across it all the time. Or at least, they did.
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/03/2004 07:46 PM CDT

Caravans go across it all the time. Or at least, they did. <--

They shouldn't be allowed to. Something for sure that staff should look into, though with the DRII stuff keeping them busy I wouldn't expect to see anything really done about it for a while.

Jim

"There was a moment last night, when she was sandwiched between the two Finnish dwarves and the Maori tribesmen, where I thought, "Wow, I could really spend the rest of my life with this woman." DZ.
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/04/2004 12:27 PM CDT
You can actually get around this spot...go out the east gate and take the 'long' path from jackals to rock trolls. A nice perk, you won't get the 30sec RT if you ride your horse over it...I believe the traders can also have their caravans lead them around this way.

Kythryn
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/04/2004 11:01 PM CDT

It is also very possible that you found an area that the prior GMs that have worked on horses either did not know of or nobody discovered. An area that needs to be tweaked in some manner to allow horses to travel there.

That is if horses are intended to travel there.

This was a big difficulty when horses first came out. Some areas were just not compatable with them and these rooms had to be fixed.

The GMs have done a great job in fixing the majority of these areas. I'd say 99% of the game areas that are supposed to be accessable to horses are.

~ Salute ~

Candidus
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/05/2004 08:09 PM CDT
It probably should be horse friendly since:

A) Steeds are located south of there and they were once part of the Fedhral's Cavalry (It'd be nice if they dropped those ratty blankets they wear or some other old/weathered/rotting tack, hint, hint, hint)

and

B)Horses are more surefooted than people. (It helps that they don't drink beer.)

I thought it was funny.
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/06/2004 02:02 PM CDT
>B)Horses are more surefooted than people. (It helps that they don't drink beer.)

Um, since when? <g> One of the horses I had became far more porcine than equine when I had a beer and didn't share it.

But yes, horses adore beer. They just can't get drunk. And sure footed, some are, some are klutzes.

Dio, player of
Re: Horses leading/riding Shard 08/12/2004 11:41 AM CDT
Seems like a new bug. I have taken my horse out that way in the past. Has been a while, but am pretty sure I rode my horse out the south gate downt oAdan'f at least once.

Brabs

Fighting with a bunch of archers in Geni.

"Hey, it's shoot GENI, not shoot GEN!"
[Arcath] "Public Service Announcement: Please shoot at the archers and not at Arcath"
Your mind hears Gelicast thinking, "shoot the gelv cyclops, not gelicast"