Bug 04/27/2003 12:23 AM CDT
I killed the bug. if you have trouble with bugs just send me a e-mail at DR-Redryn@play.net or my boss DR-Cecco@play.net.

Senior Board Monitor,
Redryn
Bug with Snaer Hafwa Vitality attack and Horse 05/13/2003 12:32 PM CDT

Heya Raenek and Jeremael,

My horse had a bit of a difficult time with the Snaer Hafwa in a recent undead invasion. Take a look:

The hafwa wails and whistles, "Masinyo Aeshiro!" The air grows colder and colder, breath freezing in droplets and choking at the hafwa's words!

Your breath fails you! You feel weaker and weaker.
Valaerie fights for breath!
Gilvore fights for breath!
A steel grey horse struggles and gasps pitifully!
A pale grey death spirit flutters angrily.

>app horse
>
You are certain that the steel grey horse is extremely beat up.
You are certain that it is not quite as agile as you are.
You are certain that it is not quite as quick to react as you are.
You are certain that it is somewhat stronger than you are.
Taking stock of its offensive abilities, and defending with no weapon and holding an emblazoned tower shield, you are certain that the steel grey horse is an easy opponent.
Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with no weapon, you are certain that the steel grey horse is a worthy opponent.

[Roundtime: 5 seconds]

Fortunately I noticed this and got the hell away from the Hafwa. Mirra recovered since it was only Vit damage - but a second attack could have easily killed her.

Until horses are healable and/or raisable I would suggest it be made that Hafwa's vitality attack do not harm horses. Undoubtedly this is the first time a horse has faced a Hafwa so I'm sure this is just an oversight.

Might want to look into Sibowin also since they also have that vit draining attack that Hafwas have. And I am not sure if horses can be webbed by creatures. I know better than to attack Warklins. Heh. But that might be something to look into as well.

Thanks, and again welcome aboard into Systems Raenek!!

Candidus
Riding Bug - Southern Trade Route - Web place 06/10/2003 09:54 PM CDT
[Southern Trade Route, Endrus Forest]
Along the north, the trees and shrubs are fairly homogeneous, much the same as other wild growth at the same latitude and altitude anywhere in this hemisphere of Elanthia. To the south, abruptly and preternaturally, all sorts of trees appear that ought not to be growing side by side or in each other's shade. A profusion of evergreens, hardwoods, fruit trees, flowering trees and shrubs, spread themselves out as far south as you can see. You also see a cherry bay pony which you are mounted on.
Obvious paths: southwest, northwest.

This is the room BEFORE you hit the possible spider's web.

You can't ride your cherry bay pony in that direction.

You can get off and lead your steed through, but you can't ride.

Please fix.

Thank you,
~player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: Riding Bug - Southern Trade Route - Web place 06/10/2003 09:58 PM CDT

I wanted to post that the actual WEB ROOM you can ride in, but the room on the other side of the web room from the south ALSO cannot be ridden in when you are heading TOWARD the web room.

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com
Re: Riding Bug - Southern Trade Route - Web place 06/10/2003 10:19 PM CDT
Ummmm.. it's supposed to be that way. :)

Allegoria

Instigator of Liberation for Hara'Jaal
Re: Riding Bug - Southern Trade Route - Web place 06/10/2003 11:08 PM CDT

Unfortunately there has always been this problem with the Web room on the STR. They are aware of it.

The last official response was that the mechanics of the Web in the room make Riding on horseback impossible as it is at present. We are of course hoping that this, along with the other huge movement problem with horses (being unable to enter the Marauder area in Theren so as to ride to Muspar'i) will one day be resolved.

For now I would suggest that you just make your horse movement scripts with you dismounting, leading your horse the one room, then re-mounting. That is if you use horse moment scripts.

Even with this little delay, I can still get from the Crossing ferry to the Gondola in about a minute and a half real time. And I use dial-up and have an old slow computer.

Mind behind the behind of Candidus
Re: Riding Bug - Southern Trade Route - Web place 06/11/2003 07:04 AM CDT
why can't they just change it so horses go thru there the same as caravans? trader caravans NEVER get webbed there.

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Riding Bug - Southern Trade Route - Web place 06/11/2003 07:12 AM CDT
>why can't they just change it so horses go thru there the same as caravans? trader caravans NEVER get webbed there.

Is it because caravans don't trip the web, because of the time it takes to go through? I never bothered to test the actual timer on that room (8seconds of RT isn't worth it), but I wonder if its really short.

That web is pretty silly nowadays, it doesn't even have a skill check, teach, and only costs 8 seconds. It should be revamped, or gotten rid of. It serves no viable purpose.

-Slaris

The Paladin guild was just struck down!
Crossing Sewer Bug fixed? 02/11/2005 02:35 PM CST
I was the unfortunate victim of that bug, but when I assisted (not knowing I'm not the first person to have this issue!) The GM who responded was, thankfully, a DEV GM

You may notice that instead of going through the grating now (GO GRATING.) you now need to CLIMB GRATING.

You can thank Rantjur and his horse for that fix. I tried to get her to post this by the grating (but she declined:)

A large sign has no words to it, just a picture or a drunken ranger riding a horse, encircled in a red ring and slashed by a thick red slash.

You tap a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone." that you are wearing.
Bug with Horses that learn War only and not Combat 04/11/2005 09:15 AM CDT

Figured I would post this here just in case. I did bug it in game as well.

Was not sure when I first encountered this with a friend. She told me she had to assist and that a GM had to fix her horse.

When a second person had the same situation, I was there with the Gamehost and a GM fixed the horse again. So this does seem to be a bug.

A horse for some reason can be trained in War before it is trained in Combat. When this happens with a non-paladin I am unsure what occurs. Probably nothing.

However if a paladin has their horse so trained, and takes it into combat, it does fight due to the war training. But this should be impossible because it has no combat training. It should have the fear reaction kick in and bolt.

Well the programing for horses for some reason recognizes that this reaction should have happened. And after the paladin takes it out of combat, or after some undetermined amount of time has passed, the horse will developed this bolting/fear reaction to anything that comes close to it. It's rider, any other person, and it will not go away with stabling.

Only a GM can fix it at this point.

A solution to this would be to make it impossible for a horse to be trained in war until it has been trained in combat.

~ Salute ~

Candidus

Quarel says, "And...."

Quarel gets a hot babe from inside his hip pouch.

Quarel gives a hot babe a hug!

Quarel puts his babe in his hip pouch.
Carpets, and Brooms, and Bugs -- Oh my! 11/02/2005 07:21 PM CST
Well, perhaps some of these are in fact bugs and perhaps some are simply complaints, and perhaps neither of them belong here, but here they are anyways. I'm not entirely sure where else they should go.

1. Why is it that spells cannot be cast while mounted on a flying carpet or flying broom (especially the broom)? Was it intentionally designed that way? Why? If one can learn how to cast a spell while mounted on a horse, one should be able to cast while mounted on a flying broom.

2. Why can't items be picked up from the ground or a table while mounted on a flying carpet/broom? I have tried this even after learning how to grab while mounted on a horse, and it still won't work.

3. Has the bug regarding getting swept off a flying carpet/broom while flying over the Faldesu been fixed yet? I have been too scared to test it in fear of losing my broom or carpet when I get knocked off and can't swim back to it.

4. Any chance of being able to play a musical instrument while mounted?

"Come fairies, take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance
Upon the mountains like a flame." -- W.B. Yeats
Re: Carpets, and Brooms, and Bugs -- Oh my! 11/04/2005 05:35 AM CST
>>1. Why is it that spells cannot be cast while mounted on a flying carpet or flying broom (especially the broom)? Was it intentionally designed that way? Why? If one can learn how to cast a spell while mounted on a horse, one should be able to cast while mounted on a flying broom.

Goats are this way as well.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong...
Re: Carpets, and Brooms, and Bugs -- Oh my! 11/04/2005 06:59 AM CST
>Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong...

Someone watched too much Transformers.
Re: Carpets, and Brooms, and Bugs -- Oh my! 11/06/2005 06:18 AM CST
>>Someone watched too much Transformers.

Ahh, but you recognized it.
Actually I watched it a few days ago and had to hunt down the spelling fer the quote.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong...