Being attacked while mounted 01/26/2013 02:38 AM CST
I remembered I had a Horse that I won at a player-run raffle years ago, so I pulled it out of the stable for the first time in roughly forever and went and learned all the things I'd earned since the last time I used it, and just for giggles tried mounted combat. Every time I got attacked I saw stuff like this:

A musk hog hisses viciously and lunges at you!
* < You slam your teethleap$S7, bellowing wildly, its teeth bared in rage at Videge but it bounces off Videge's .
A musk hog slams his teethleap$S7, bellowing wildly, its teeth bared in rage at Videge but it bounces off your .
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>
A dapple grey horse takes a bite of some nearby greenery.
>
You feel fully rested.

>
* < You chop your bodylowers its head, snorting angrily and charge$S7 at Videge but it bounces off Videge's .
A musk hog chops his bodylowers its head, snorting angrily and charge$S7 at Videge but it bounces off your .
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
>
>
* < You slice your teethleap$S7, bellowing wildly, its teeth bared in rage at Videge but it bounces off Videge's .
A musk hog slices his teethleap$S7, bellowing wildly, its teeth bared in rage at Videge but it bounces off your .
[You're solidly balanced and in excellent position.]
Re: Being attacked while mounted 01/26/2013 07:34 PM CST
The horse system as a whole is pretty broken. 3.0 has made it worse.
Re: Being attacked while mounted 01/30/2013 06:53 PM CST
Thank you to whoever is ninja fixing it. :)

Throwing a weapon now makes it leave your hand.

Outgoing and incoming attack messaging is correct.

I did notice in my testing that you can no longer be thrown off due to having really bad balance now though. Intentional?
Re: Being attacked while mounted 01/30/2013 10:05 PM CST
It was more of a band-aid than a fix. I want to dig into horses more, but for right now I just shut off some of it's custom messaging (which doesn't sync up with Combat 3.0 at all as you noticed) which also shut off some of the effects from balance. Most spells and effects I've seen will handle knocking you from a horse if they need to, so that kind of thing can still happen. Being unbalanced and falling from your own attacks or just from defending attacks is currently off just out of ease.

AGM Ricinus
Dev Systems
Cleric Advocate
Re: Being attacked while mounted 01/31/2013 06:34 AM CST
>>I want to dig into horses more

Can't wait for this.
Re: Being attacked while mounted 01/31/2013 03:43 PM CST

Ok, thanks for the information!

Also you won't get thrown from casting spells atop an untrained horse either.
Re: Being attacked while mounted 06/04/2014 01:28 PM CDT

Great! I'm so, so excited! I'm hoping barding forging templates are on the way too for us someday... *fingers crossed*