Contingency 07/24/2008 11:12 AM CDT
Anyone else pick this up? I did and I love certain aspects of it, but there is one in particular that I'm confusd about -

Teleporting you when you're stunned. Sometimes it seems as though it activates as soon as "barely stunning you" is seen, other times I'm getting viscious stuns and not being teleported until I die and have been dead for 3 or 4 seconds. Is there something i'm missing? Or is the spell meant to be somewhat random?

I'll admit that being teleported every time you get a tiny stun would be annoying, especially if the beam you attuned it to is significantly further than the nearest safe zone, but I would say that dying at all when it should have been prevented when I'm stunned is going to be more annoying overall in the longrun.

Anyone else use this or know anything more about it? Is it supposed to be somewhat random?
Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 11:13 AM CDT
Contingency works in pulses spaced at 10 or 20 seconds apart, so it might not always grab you if you get unlucky with the timing of your stun.

Rev. Reene

Idon: Why are we taunting the happy fun Y'shai, again?
Me: Idon know.
Idon: You disgust me.
Me: At least I'm not trying to Phelim up.
Idon: Makes me wonder what she's doing to the World Dragon.
Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 11:36 AM CDT
That explains it then! Thanks Cael.
Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 01:35 PM CDT
Reene isnt up on all the spells since she can not cap them. Contingency's pulse is dictated by how much mana you put into it. For her it is 10 sec or so, when you cap the spell it is few seconds at most.

Pelag ai Aldam Stolas

Kolaisa asks, "How about you just get on your knees already and take care of me?"
* Kolaisa was just struck down!
Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 01:40 PM CDT
I can cap Contingency just fine, actually. However, seeing as I only got the spell two or three days ago, I haven't really had much of a chance or inclination to do a whole lot of testing.

Rev. Reene

Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 02:30 PM CDT
<<I can cap Contingency just fine, actually. However, seeing as I only got the spell two or three days ago, I haven't really had much of a chance or inclination to do a whole lot of testing.

If you dont know anything about a subject why would act like an authority and make a comment?

Pelag ai Aldam Stolas

Kolaisa asks, "How about you just get on your knees already and take care of me?"
Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 02:32 PM CDT
>> If you dont know anything about a subject why would act like an authority and make a comment?

I hear you post a lot in the Barbarian folder lately.

Rev. Reene

Re: Contingency 07/24/2008 11:22 PM CDT
>If you dont know anything about a subject why would act like an authority and make a comment?

She probably posted because she was

a) Being helpful
b) Correct

You didn't particularly exceed her in either of those, so why are YOU posting, other than to make a random dig at her skills, which are frankly pretty decent for her (respectable) circle if you were being honest?

If you're going to try to one-up her by correcting the numbers, at least post the exact numbers for the spell or something instead of being equally vague.

~ Sage Kougen Aensworth, Star Shaper of the Compact

Kssarh uses a night light. Not because Kssarh is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Kssarh.
Re: Contingency 07/25/2008 04:26 AM CDT
<<I hear you post a lot in the Barbarian folder lately.

Must be because I have a barbie.

Pelag ai Aldam Stolas

Re: Contingency 07/25/2008 07:49 AM CDT
>>Must be because I have a barbie.

Obvious troll is obvious.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Contingency 07/25/2008 04:50 PM CDT
<<Obvious troll is obvious.

Well, we like to keep things simple on the barbie boards.

Pelag ai Aldam Stolas