Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 07:29 PM CST
No posts in 6 months?
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 07:33 PM CST
>>No posts in 6 months?

That may change soon.

-Armifer
"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far." H.P. Lovecraft
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 07:39 PM CST
I hope not, I like being a happy moon mage!

-Starfay

"Then I began to notice that there were some quaint little specks floating in the rays of the moonlight....I watched them with a sense of soothing, and a sort of calm stole over me."
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 09:55 PM CST
To Armifer or Tribbles:

It seems to me that certain spells of ours, specifically Mental Blast, Shear, Seal of Deflection, and Crystal spike are far too underpowered. If you guys could just give these four a bit of an uptweak, it would be excellent. I also suggest adding a reflex boost to seer's sense in addition to the evasion boost already provided. Thanks in advance.
~Curi

* A meteor whistles a merry tune as it skips across the sky as Chakram's soul departs forever to walk the Starry Road.

Announcement: The staff would like you to know that the person responsible for the previous message has been sacked.
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 11:04 PM CST
And there we have it, an unhappy moon mage.
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 11:14 PM CST
[/Sarcasm] in addendum.
~Curi

* A meteor whistles a merry tune as it skips across the sky as Chakram's soul departs forever to walk the Starry Road.

Announcement: The staff would like you to know that the person responsible for the previous message has been sacked.
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 11:25 PM CST
>>It seems to me that certain spells of ours, specifically Mental Blast, Shear, Seal of Deflection, and Crystal spike are far too underpowered.

I'd have to disagree with you, actually I have a bunch of suggestions for MM spells:

#1 Burn - The moon is just reflecting light, how the heck is it going to burn someones head off? This spell should have the same effect as the Warmage cantrip Burning Touch. You can go around burning trash with it. And even that is a bit extream, my first suggestion had more of a 'flashlight' effect.

#2 Clear Vision - This spell needs an uptweak, or more specifically an added ability. Once cast on someone, they should gain the ability to STARE <PERSON> and have somewhat of superman X-Ray vision ability. When they STARE at someone they would recieve a message about the physical description of the player being naked. The description would be based off of their race and stats. A male elf with high Strength & low Charisma would have a long description of an ugly strong elf, a female elf with a moderate strength and high charisma that was shifted with the curvatious build would look . . . Well you get the idea.

#3 Teleport - Distance should be greatly increased on how far you can teleport. But an inherent risk should be added if you teleport into a room with someone else there you could posibly teleport into their body. You both go splat!

#4 Shadowling - This spell is close to perfect. But the shadowlings should bite people. And randomly chase gnomes.

#5 Refractive Field - "The Refractive Field spell renders the caster invisble" -play.net website. I agree with this, the caster is invisable, but not his gear. You have to strip naked if you want to use this spell. To offset this minor change the mana use could be lowered.

#6 Riftal Summons - Come on! lets use this like it should be, no summoning other characters. You cast it, you summon something from the rift. lets see some real badass creatures. Fun for parties.

If you like these I have more.
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/10/2004 11:46 PM CST
>#4 Shadowling - This spell is close to perfect. But the shadowlings should bite people. And randomly chase gnomes.

But what if I summon the shadowling! I'm a gnome! No chasing gnomes!

-Starfay

"Then I began to notice that there were some quaint little specks floating in the rays of the moonlight....I watched them with a sense of soothing, and a sort of calm stole over me."
Re: Happy Moon Mages 12/11/2004 03:10 AM CST
>>I'd have to disagree with you, actually I have a bunch of suggestions for MM spells:

You do realize I was being sarcastic right?

>The rest o' teh post
Clever stuff. I like #4

~Curi