problem with CG just recently 12/31/2003 04:30 PM CST
I used to able to clarify gems just fine.

This past weekend I used the piercing gaze on the gem, and got the message about its flaws. (I had all my other containers closed so there would be no confusion with my other gems of the same name.) I then cast clarify gem on the gem I had just cast pg on, and got the message about the glowing bit. After a pause I got a message that I cant clarify that gem because I dont know about its internal flaws.

I bugged it and assisted on it, but this still happens today. Anyone else having this problem?
Re: problem with CG just recently 12/31/2003 04:31 PM CST
Piercing Gaze - This has been changed to allow replacement casts, and tweaked its casting difficulty. This will also no longer function on gems. I'll explain this more in the next spell...

Clarify Gem - This one saw quite a bit of changes. It will no longer require a piercing gaze cast per gem, instead it requires PG to just be active on the caster. It also no longer requires a moonbeam in the room, just a visible moon in the sky. Casting difficulty was also modified. While we were unable to increase the maximum cost benefits, we tweaked the minimums and the breakage chances.