Aura Sight Restrictions: Reasoning? 06/04/2003 05:33 AM CDT
I recently tried to cast Aura Sight on a fellow moon mage only to discover that the game wouldn't allow me to do it. Shadows and Clear Vision can be cast on other characters, so why can't Aura Sight
If there isn't an adamant reason to keep it a self-only spell, could you possibly consider allowing us to cast it on each other? Thanks!
Re: Aura Sight Restrictions: Reasoning? 06/04/2003 12:18 PM CDT
well it'd be nice to cast aura sight on others but I can see two reasons why you can't do it

1) it boost more then just power perception, why would you want to give a warrior mage an astrology boost?

2) it has a huge hinderence to perception one thats greater then the boost from CV, it could be abused by casting it on people then hiding on them and stealing or whatnot.

but It'd be nice to do it anyways maybe least that way we'd be able to tell the ranks it boost little more accurately

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness
Re: Aura Sight Restrictions: Reasoning? 06/04/2003 01:09 PM CDT
>>2) it has a huge hinderence to perception one thats greater then the boost from CV, it could be abused by casting it on people then hiding on them and stealing or whatnot.

Back in the day, that would have been considered an actual use of the spell, and not a problem. Ah well. ;)