Bug with CRS and sparring? 01/23/2003 02:09 PM CST
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I'll see if I get told to move it to another folder.

Ok I'm another moon mage dumb enough to use crystal spike in a challenge. I understand that we can't control the spikes, and that they will continue to blast a person after they collapse, making leaving the room the only way to save your opponent. Got it, and it works most of the time, but has anyone had what happened to me in the following log happen to them?

Chiautsu industriously whittles away at a branch.
You accept Korsik's challenge.
>prep crs 10
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You briskly utter a few sharp words in an arcane tongue, your mind bent to the task of preparing the Crystal Spike spell.
>remove shie
>
You sling a jousting shield off from over your shoulder, placing it in your left hand.
>
Merydia just tickled Amzari.
>cast kors
Korsik slings an acid-etched crossbow with a sharpened wolf fang trigger and dark boltplate off from over his shoulder.
>
You gesture at Korsik.
A deathly silent circle of light spins into being, whirling and bristling with glistening spines until it coalesces into a dark crystalline spike.
Roundtime: 1 second.
>
You notice Korsik slip into a hiding place.
>
Amzari grunts at Merydia.
Prestidigitator Zartam came through some gleaming ebonwood doors.
>prep crs 10
You briskly utter a few sharp words in an arcane tongue, your mind bent to the task of preparing the Crystal Spike spell.
>point kors
>
You point at Korsik, ruining his hiding place.
Round time: 2 sec.
>cast kors
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
A dark crystalline spike crackles with shimmering light and discharges an undulating blast at Korsik!
Sparks fly from his chest.
>
You gesture at Korsik.
A deathly silent circle of light spins into being, whirling and bristling with glistening spines until it coalesces into a dark crystalline spike.
>
Logana says, "He is a friend and I am looking for him"
>
Korsik turns to face you.
* With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Korsik fires a jet black bolt at you. You block with a jousting shield.
The jet black bolt lands nearby!
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>prep crs 10
>
A dark crystalline spike crackles with shimmering light and discharges an undulating blast at Korsik!
Korsik howls in pain as sparks chase each other across his abdomen in an electrifying dance.
Korsik is lightly stunned!
The smell of burned flesh fills the air while sparks fly from his head.
The crystalline spike splits asunder.
cast kors
>You gesture at Korsik.
>
Chiautsu puts his cane in a firewood bin.
>
Chiautsu roots around the area for a moment.
>
The fierce blast probably stopped his heart, since it's now lying on the ground, on fire, in a dozen bloody pieces.
Korsik stares in shock at the smoking remains of his right arm as it is blown completely off his body.
The crystalline spike splits asunder.
>
Chiautsu roots around the area for a moment.
>s

As Korsik slumps unconscious, you back off. The challenge is satisfied!

...wait 2 seconds.
>
Glyptar holds a cambrinth orb in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
>s
s
s
s
s
s
...wait 1 seconds.
...wait 1 seconds.
s
>Sorry, you may only type ahead 2 commands.
>s
* Korsik was just struck down!
>s
s
s
s
Sorry, you may only type ahead 2 commands.
Korsik stares in shock at the smoking remains of his left arm as it is blown completely off his body.

A passerby runs off, screaming for the militia to arrest Kryeus on the charge of murder!

A troupe of guards come riding up on some splendid Clan steeds! The leader says, "So we've found you, Kryeus! Time to pay the price for your crimes!"

Without warning the guards manacle and chain you, kick your feet out from under you, and lift you onto a horse. The guards ride you back to town, through the city gate, and into the guard house.

[Guard House, Jail Cell]
From the stench here, it is apparent that the guards have little interest in coddling criminals. Mounds of musty-smelling hay have been pushed up along the walls, though it is impossible to imagine sleep as a viable possibility here. You also see a mound of smelly hay, a heavily barred door, and a barred window.
Obvious exits: none.

So yeah, I was given a 2 second RT there for no apparent reason and I couldn't leave the room. I assisted immediately after it happened and I was told that winning a spar doesn't cause an RT, and following the last 1 second RT from casting the final spike, I hadn't done anything, my finger was poised above 2 on the numpad so I could bail. Anyone have any insight into the matter? Hopefully i'm not missing anything blatantly obvious. Thanks.

-Kryeus Kyshi'cio
Re: Bug with CRS and sparring? 01/23/2003 02:15 PM CST
Correction, the GH I spoke to just came back and told me there IS an invisible RT with the end of a challenge, so I'll just be changing and moving my post. :cough:

-Kryeus Kyshi'cio