Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/05/2003 11:39 AM CST
First off, the new description of how Partial Displacement is really nifty and cool. Very original. I like it. :)

Here is my question though... I really liked the treasure from box feature the spell was going to have. Was that too powerful? Why did it get axed?

I figured the spell wouldn't be very deadly, but that the secondary use made it a perfect example of why Moon Mage spells are good... versatility.

Eldrad
Re: Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/25/2003 05:05 AM CST
Are these Feeback folders still being read by GM's, or should we start posting in our respective Guild folders?

Don't want to sound 'naggy', but I was still hoping a GM would answer post #2078 in this folder.

Here it is again

First off, the new description of how Partial Displacement is really nifty and cool. Very original. I like it. :)

Here is my question though... I really liked the treasure from box feature the spell was going to have. Was that too powerful? Why did it get axed?

I figured the spell wouldn't be very deadly, but that the secondary use made it a perfect example of why Moon Mage spells are good... versatility.

Eldrad
Re: Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/25/2003 05:29 AM CST
Im not as upset that it wont be deadly but that it can only be cast outdoors.
Re: Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/25/2003 07:46 AM CST
>Here is my question though... I really liked the treasure from box feature the spell was going to have. Was that too powerful? Why did it get axed?

Going to need to wait and see on this one, I may possibly give some more information out as it gets closer to release.

Talian
Re: Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/25/2003 10:17 AM CST
<<Going to need to wait and see on this one, I may possibly give some more information out as it gets closer to release>>

Talian,

If the problem was messaging for traps getting tripped, why not have the same a failure chance based on the trap's difficulty, but which results in a mis-partial displacement resulting in your own harm (i.e. Young mage attempts to partial displace the goodies out of an Adan'f box and ends up displacing his own spleen instead).

This would avoid the messaging issue (jabbing your hand in for no apparent reason to be poisoned, etc.) and still allow the appropriate 'risk' factor to be in place.

Zevalos
Re: Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/25/2003 11:45 AM CST
>>>Are these Feeback folders still being read by GM's, or should we start
posting in our respective Guild folders?<<<

Yes, they're still being read. I just haven't had a major reason to reply to any yet; most topics are things that can be answered by testing (the dreaded "PAFO"), or questions about things that aren't live yet (in which case, you should know from experience that such things are subject to change).

Rigby
Re: Partial Displacement question for Magic Team 01/25/2003 08:02 PM CST
Okay thanks for the info Talian and Rigby.

Eldrad