Calm 10/12/2002 11:07 PM CDT
Just checking back in to give some data.

At level 86 with 60 dis 60 int and 30 charisma, I put all of 65 mana (straight prep no harnessed mana) into a calm on a moruryn and I couldnt get it to immobilize.

Is the immobilization effect gonna get worked on a little eventually? I dont wanna sound like I'm complaining but it still seems to be unrealistically hard to do.

P.S. I plan on getting my charisma up to around 40 or so eventaully but it'd really kinda suck if my higher stats (dis, int) were limited by the lowest stat (charisma) in the equation for WvW success. Rigby, can you lemme know if this is the case? Ex. if I had 100 int, 100 dis and only had 10 charisma, would this effectively make the value of my int and dis worth less overall in the WvW calculations because of the low value of my charisma? Or are the three stats independant contributions?
Re: Calm 10/13/2002 06:15 PM CDT
Wow, that seems way off to me. I realize that the 'immobilize' effect is supposed to be hard to achieve, and that a moruryn is a 50th circle creature, but come on. With the stats posted, well, sheeesh... :\

Eldrad
Calm Bug 12/22/2003 11:38 AM CST
I can still command a passive opponent after they have become enraged. Edited log is below.

>prep crs 10
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
You raise your arms skyward, chanting the words of the Crystal Spike spell.
>harn 7
You tap into the mana from seven of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 3 seconds
You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
>cast arbelog
You gesture at an arbelog.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
A deathly silent circle of light spins into being, whirling and bristling with glistening spines until it coalesces into a dark crystalline spike.
Roundtime: 1 second.
The arbelog closes to pole weapon range on you!
>prep calm 5
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You raise your arms skyward, chanting the words of the Hypnotize spell.
A dark crystalline spike crackles with forks of shimmering light and discharges a few small undulating blasts at an arbelog!
>cast arbelog
You gesture at an arbelog.
It suddenly looks rather passive.
Roundtime: 2 seconds.
A dark crystalline spike crackles with shimmering light and discharges an undulating blast at an arbelog!
Tendrils of smoke rise from its scorched abdomen.
An arbelog becomes enraged by your spell!
The crystalline spike splits asunder.
>command arbel to die
You force your will upon the hypnotized an arbelog, shouting, "Die, die, die! To Urrem'Tier's caress!"
An arbelog twitches and then flops onto the ground!
Roundtime: 5 seconds.
>l
[Riverhaven West Wilds, North Meadow]
Singular trees dot the meadow as it climbs its way toward a dense forest to the north. The sound of running water rises from a steep creek bank to the south. You also see a dusk ogre, a dusk ogre, an arbelog who is lying down, and a dusk ogre.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west, northwest.
Re: Calm Bug 12/22/2003 01:22 PM CST
>>I can still command a passive opponent after they have become enraged. Edited log is below.

Hi, this isn't a bug. Passive is the second level of hypnotize. The first level calms, the second level hypnotizes, the third level immobilizes. When you get the message that you enrage it, you wear the first level off. Therefor when the second level (hypnotize) wears off before the first level would have worn off, the creature is going to be attacking you. If you hadn't enraged it, after the second level wore off after a certain amount of time, the creature would be unable to be commanded but still be calm. Stop pretending to be a MM with your second character to try to get our spells downtweaked for no good reason.