GM magic team rant on TM 11/29/2008 12:34 PM CST
TM sucks get rid of it. Id rather not even have any TM spells for my guild. Like we have the spell slots for it anyways. Moon Mages got Astrology in what 02? Per circle they got a particular amount of ranks. I beleive Meerc was 40th or so and he told me he got about 100 or more ranks... Dont quote me on that tho, Im shot out.

Rangers guild was told every bloody week No TM ever. Some of us played with it for kicks. I had a wopping 15ranks myself from boredom. Ya strip us of our good attack spells, Slam sum TM junk around and Blam Rangers out in the cold staren at the ground like What theee...

We needa new title, Most-Nerf'd. Or change the Ranger guild name to Most-Nerf'd Guild. Nothing against you gm's personally, but your ideas stank.

BB was crush'd but its a great tool now, so I wont complain about that spell. NC finally got released after like 10years?

Damaging spells are tm based only now is a joke. Mental Blast, Frost, Rising Mists+Frost or Static, Paeldryths Wrath, Smite Foe, Ice Patch. I could goooo on for awhile.

Don't take it personally, just do something For us an quit killen us Rangers.

Jeincains Rakash Ranger

~What can ya say to a Ranger with over 100 in all blades/blunts/bows/thrown?~
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/29/2008 12:50 PM CST
>>Damaging spells are tm based only now is a joke.

>>Mental Blast,
Non-leathal

>>Frost,
Frost What? Frostbite? Non-leathal. FrostScythe? TM.

>>Rising Mists+Frost or Static,
For Frost, see above. Static what? Discharge? Non-leathal

>>Paeldryths Wrath,
Damaging component utilizes TM

>>Smite Foe, Ice Patch.
Being reworked

>> could goooo on for awhile.
And likely still be as clueless as above.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/29/2008 02:46 PM CST
>>Damaging spells are tm based only now is a joke.

LETHAL spells are TM now, there can still be a damage component but it has to be capped before death
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/29/2008 04:01 PM CST
> LETHAL spells are TM now, there can still be a damage component but it has to be capped before death

Before bleeding, actually, but otherwise, yes. Anything that can do potentially lethal damage should now be TM.

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/29/2008 04:44 PM CST
<<Before bleeding, actually, but otherwise, yes. Anything that can do potentially lethal damage should now be TM.

To head off a potential argument against this, the exceptions are if a spell takes an already lethal condition and enhances it, or acts on its own using all normal combat modifiers. So Abandoned Heart, which can be lethal, is not TM because it takes the already lethal condition of bleeding and just makes it go faster. Awaken Forest or Guardian Spirit create creatures that go through all the normal combat checks, so they do not require TM to do their damage.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 02:41 PM CST
>> LETHAL spells are TM now, there can still be a damage component but it has to be capped before death

>>Before bleeding, actually, but otherwise, yes. Anything that can do potentially lethal damage should now be TM.

I consider Nerve damage severe. Regardless if it kills. Id rather lose both legs and arms then get nerve damage.

>> could goooo on for awhile.

>>And likely still be as clueless as above.

You missed the point.

Jeincains Rakash Ranger

Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 02:43 PM CST
>>You missed the point.

Not really. Your point is moot due to being based off flawed (wrong) info/assumptions.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 03:24 PM CST
>>I consider Nerve damage severe. Regardless if it kills. Id rather lose both legs and arms then get nerve damage.

We should make a spell that turns minor twitching into a blown limb. I'd use it regularly for empathy training.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 03:31 PM CST
>>We should make a spell that turns minor twitching into a blown limb. I'd use it regularly for empathy training.

Next up in Blood Magic, "Explosive Pain."

-Armifer
"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms-- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."
-Viktor Frankl
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 04:08 PM CST
> >>I consider Nerve damage severe. Regardless if it kills. Id rather lose both legs and arms then get nerve damage.

You guys do realize we severely nerfed the various penalties involved with nerve damage several months back, right?

- GM Dartenian

If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. - Henry Ford
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 07:17 PM CST
>>You guys do realize we severely nerfed the various penalties involved with nerve damage several months back, right?<<

not to sound ungrateful but could you double check it because it seems that i still see what i would consider drastic effects.. what i mean by that is the fact that i take even small amounts of damaged when i lose harnessed mana seems silly and that damage added up before it even shows up in HEALTH starts impacting my ability to mental blast as well, calm as well, and cast at the cap of a spell. i just did not really expect nerve damage to really affect me at all until it hit my health screen. playing in Plat by the way. Thanks!

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 07:19 PM CST
>>You guys do realize we severely nerfed the various penalties involved with nerve damage several months back, right?<<

Did that include penalties to spell casting?

- Mazrian

The Flying Company
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/huldahspal/flyingcompany.png
Re: GM magic team rant on TM 11/30/2008 08:25 PM CST
> Did that include penalties to spell casting?

Yep. Don't get me wrong -- it can still impare spellcasting, combat, and other abilities. However, the degree to which nerve damage impacts these things has been reduced substantially.

- GM Dartenian

Re: GM magic team rant on TM 12/01/2008 06:31 AM CST
>>You guys do realize we severely nerfed the various penalties involved with nerve damage several months back, right?

>>- GM Dartenian

I didnt know that, I kinda came back after a year + seems like everything is all flipped upside down. But I still notice nerve damage even before it appears. I had no noticeable nerve damage, a scratch on one eye. And I had to reduce my spell casting of WoTP and CoTC by 2-3prep. I thought that was considerable, Id still rather lose both arms an legs before havin twitching tho. lol

Jeincains Rakash Ranger