I don't mind 02/26/2004 01:12 AM CST
I don't really mind BES/CS being held mana, but Jent wanted to change them to straight cast. It's true they can damage your nerves, but with higher skill, it becomes less noticable. Slipping still seems to be a problem, even with a lot of harness skill.

You may not be able to cast all sorts of spells while you're using them, but, you can use the harnessed mana for one huge cast of a spell. This is particularly useful in invasions, I'll walk around holding a big BES and prepping HB or BB at the same time.... instant 50 mana cast of it hehe.

Before he left, Jent asked for my ideas and opinions on the two spells and this is what I came up with...

<<After thinking about it, I came up with an alternate suggestion that hinges on DR2. I'd like to see CS and BES become hybrid spells. Hybrid meaning if you cast them without prepping/specifying a mana level, they will cast as held mana spells like they do now, but if you prep them at a mana level, they will cast like a normal spell. Would this type of thing be possible in DRII?

In any case, I could see them capping out around 60 mana on flat casts at maybe 300-400 PM. I'd like to see the mana requirements of CS drop even with BES, from 5 mana per stat point to 4 mana per stat point. That way they both cap out at +15 to stats. I think a 20 min duration would be good... basically 1 minute per 3 mana used.
>>

Dritz
Re: I don't mind 02/26/2004 02:50 PM CST
>>Dritzfury>>After thinking about it, I came up with an alternate suggestion that hinges on DR2. I'd like to see CS and BES become hybrid spells. Hybrid meaning if you cast them without prepping/specifying a mana level, they will cast as held mana spells like they do now, but if you prep them at a mana level, they will cast like a normal spell. Would this type of thing be possible in DRII?

Heh ... GMTA.

I suggested the exact same thing for a different spell (think mine was for a change to Blend to incorporate Stalker's Canopy as a hybrid) about two years ago and was told it wasn't possible for how magic worked as a system. Good thinking, that perhaps with DRII maybe it could happen now.

That is an excellent idea if the GM's could do it, would give us options and make everybody happy. Well, sorta.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."