Healing Spells 07/30/2003 09:40 PM CDT
Since this might be something more geared towards team magic, I thought I'd cross-post this.

Ok so I've been meaning to post this since I first noticed it a few months ago, and I finally remembered to do it.

When you try to cast FP at a poison you don't have, or at a body part that isn't poisoned you get this message:

>That area doesn't seem to be poisoned.
>[Choose a body area (chest, right arm, etc) or poison type (nerve, cyanide, internal, or stunning).]

And more importantly, the spell doesn't cast.

Now when you try to cast one of the basic healing spells at a body part that doesn't have that type of damage you get this message:

>You feel the spell activate and attempt to repair the area, but it cannot fix what is not broken.

And the spell casts and you waste whatever mana you were using to power it. Not only is this waste generally annoying on principle it's even more frustrating because it usually happens because of a typo. Either I prepped the wrong spell (w/s or i/e mistake) or I cast at the wrong location (r/l generally).

Is there any way we can get the healing spells to work like FP (and I'm guessing CD) in this respect?

~Y

Ever wonder about those Elotheans? Check out the library at:
http://www.bakshiloa.com
Re: Healing Spells 07/31/2003 01:47 PM CDT
>>>Is there any way we can get the healing spells to work like FP (and I'm guessing CD) in this respect?<<<

Hmm. Interesting idea. I'll look into it and see if it's possible.

Rigby
Re: Healing Spells 07/31/2003 06:17 PM CDT
Thanks Rigby.

~Y

Ever wonder about those Elotheans? Check out the library at:
http://www.bakshiloa.com
Re: Healing Spells 08/10/2003 08:31 PM CDT
>>>>>Is there any way we can get the healing spells to work like FP (and I'm guessing CD) in this respect?<<<

Hmm. Interesting idea. I'll look into it and see if it's possible.

Rigby

Just think! No more need for 'internal check please?'.. Can just cast at spots and see if they're damaged.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
For a game called 'Dragonrealms' I don't see m(any) dragons.

But I guess 'Twitrealms' wouldn't be as cool sounding.