Yet Another GS Bug 07/22/2003 05:26 PM CDT
I was hunting with another character, and had been circling around the spirits as she mowed them down. She killed one right as I went to circle and ended up attempting to circle the avenger I had with us, putting me at its flank. After finally retreating from me, it decided to advance her for no apparent reason. I sent it away when it started swinging at her. The log is below, with most of our chatter edited out.

~Absinthe

[Underground, A Dark Cavern]
A large cavern, with passages excavated in several directions, drips with ooze and foul decay. The ground is slippery with mud and the walls and floor appear to pulse and shift, as if this were the belly of some sluggishly digesting beast. You also see a copper-edged mahogany skippet, a poorly made mahogany caddy, a pure white alfar avenger, some rotting timbers, and some junk.
Also in the room: Provocateur Mellisandre.
Obvious exits: north, east, west.

>circle
You turn to face a pure white alfar avenger.
All things considered, probably best not to do that.

You assess your combat situation...

You (incredibly balanced) are behind a pure white alfar avenger (1) at pole weapon range.

The dark spirit flies in, claws raised menacingly!

A dark spirit begins to advance on Mellisandre.

Mellisandre moves into a position to parry.

A dark spirit closes to melee range on Mellisandre.

The dark spirit moves into a position to parry.

Driving in like an adept combatant, Mellisandre jabs a scimitar at a dark spirit. A dark spirit barely blocks with a shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a glancing strike to its abdomen!

Moving in with powerful grace, a dark spirit feints high at Mellisandre. Mellisandre beats off the shadow with a scimitar.

Moving like a striking snake, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at a dark spirit. A dark spirit knocks aside the scimitar with a slice of black shadow.

A pure white alfar avenger scratches her neck and looks around with a distinctive lack of paranoia.

Moving like a striking snake, a dark spirit slices a slice of black shadow at Mellisandre. Mellisandre counters the shadow with a scimitar.

Mellisandre begins to focus on a dark spirit!

Mellisandre gestures at a dark spirit.
Hundreds of small wounds rip open over a dark spirit's right arm, pouring through with shafts of ghostly grey light as it wails in protest.

Moving as one fluid extension of power, a dark spirit slices a slice of black shadow at Mellisandre. Mellisandre counters the shadow with a scimitar.

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Mellisandre jabs a scimitar at a dark spirit. A dark spirit turns aside the scimitar with a slice of black shadow.

Driving in like an unbeatable force, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at a dark spirit. A dark spirit partially blocks with a shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a good hit to its left leg!

Moving as one fluid extension of power, Mellisandre jabs a scimitar at a dark spirit. A dark spirit repulses the scimitar with a slice of black shadow.

The alfar avenger backs away from the engagement.

Moving with incredible power and control, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at a dark spirit. A dark spirit knocks aside the scimitar with a slice of black shadow.

Driving in with naturally fluid movements, Mellisandre jabs a scimitar at a dark spirit. A dark spirit partially blocks with a shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a harmless blow to its left leg!

Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at a dark spirit. A dark spirit partially blocks with a shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a solid hit that barely scrapes its chest!

Moving with powerful grace, Mellisandre jabs a scimitar at a dark spirit. A dark spirit turns aside the scimitar with a slice of black shadow.

The dark spirit moves into a position to dodge.

A pure white alfar avenger begins to advance on Mellisandre.

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at a dark spirit. A dark spirit barely blocks with a shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands an extremely heavy hit that explodes both shoulders with a blast to the upper back!

A pure white alfar avenger closes to melee range on Mellisandre.

With the speed and temerity of a swooping falcon, a dark spirit slices wide at Mellisandre. Mellisandre evades, twisting easily away from the blow.

Mellisandre exclaims, "Get offa me!"

Driving in like an adept combatant, Mellisandre jabs a scimitar at a dark spirit. A dark spirit partially blocks with a shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands a grazing blow to its left arm!

Driving in like an adept combatant, Mellisandre steps backward and then slices at a dark spirit. A dark spirit barely fails to block with shadowy shield. The scimitar flashes with a brilliant white light and lands an extremely heavy hit that detonates its left hand into the ether!

The dark spirit twitches violently, then ceases movement.

Mellisandre searches the dark spirit.

A dark spirit fades away.

Mellisandre says, "DOWN girl"

Mellisandre retreats from combat.

Mellisandre retreats from combat.

The dark spirit flies in, claws raised menacingly!

A pure white alfar avenger begins to advance on Mellisandre.

Mellisandre picks up some copper coins.

Mellisandre picks up some bronze coins.

A dark spirit begins to advance on you!
The dark spirit advances from nearby and is closing steadily.

Mellisandre says, "Sis, make her behave"

A pure white alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Mellisandre.

A dark spirit closes to melee range on you!

Mellisandre licks the tip of one finger and traces a pattern in the air, as if painting upon glass.

Mellisandre begins to focus on a dark spirit!

Mellisandre gestures at a dark spirit.
A dark spirit is staggered backwards as its chest is wracked with an aura of luminescent silver-grey mist that constricts mercilessly about it.

A pure white alfar avenger closes to melee range on Mellisandre.

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Mellisandre. Mellisandre evades.

You flail your arms about.

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Mellisandre. Mellisandre dodges.

[This is when I politely asked it to leave.]
Re: Yet Another GS Bug 07/22/2003 09:03 PM CDT
Cool!

Illcram the Evil Empath

Make me rich!
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu