More on GS 07/08/2003 06:33 PM CDT
According to the spell description on the website, "a person with stronger charisma will draw a more capable entity," and "The more mana the initial spell has, the longer it will remain with you." Has this changed? If not, currently a 6th circle Empath can call all if the guardians listed and they will remain for the same amount of time as when I call them -- a difference of over 40 circles. Nor does adding extra mana into the spell appear to keep the guardian with you for any longer than preparing the spell at its minimum.

Also, both the narmorbreth and the colepexy have rather unique entrance messaging; however, they both nod and trot off when asked to leave rather than swimming and flying, respectively.

~Absinthe

All tests were done at the same time of the day, in the same area(s), with minimum prep and full prep messaging.

ME:

With a gracious smile, a leafy forest woodwisp saunters in.
>poke woodw
A leafy forest woodwisp whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

A salty bulbous-eyed narmorbreth swims in, kicking its webbed limbs clumsily.
>poke narm
A salty bulbous-eyed narmorbreth whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

With a warrior's calm, an ivory alfar guardian steps in and surveys the area.
>poke guard
An ivory alfar guardian whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

Howling, a hairy dog-faced dirnel bounds in.
>poke dirn
A hairy dog-faced dirnel whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

A spotted fungus colepexy gracefully flitters into the area with a twisted smile upon its face.
>poke cole
A spotted fungus colepexy whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.
>poke avenger
A pure white alfar avenger whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

With a full ankleband (all tests ended up the same, with the exception of the dirnel, which would have stayed for 20 roisaen):
>cast aveng
You gesture.
Your cambrinth ankleband emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
Your heart skips a beat as your spell sends a subtle jingling call outward from you in all directions.
>
With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.
>poke aven
A pure white alfar avenger whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

6TH CIRCLE EMPATH:

With a gracious smile, a leafy forest woodwisp saunters in.
>get dew
I could not find what you were referring to.
>poke woodw
A leafy forest woodwisp whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

A salty bulbous-eyed narmorbreth swims in, kicking its webbed limbs clumsily.
>poke narm
A salty bulbous-eyed narmorbreth whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

With a warrior's calm, an ivory alfar guardian steps in and surveys the area.
>poke guard
An ivory alfar guardian whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen.":

Howling, a hairy dog-faced dirnel bounds in.
>poke dirn
A hairy dog-faced dirnel whispers, "I'll be sticking around for nineteen roisaen."

A spotted fungus colepexy gracefully flitters into the area with a twisted smile upon its face.
>poke colep
A spotted fungus colepexy whispers, "I'll be sticking around for twenty roisaen."

>poke aveng
Re: More on GS 07/09/2003 10:35 AM CDT
>>>According to the spell description on the website, "a person with stronger charisma will draw a more capable entity," and "The more mana the initial spell has, the longer it will remain with you." Has this changed?<<<

Ah, I forgot to fix the duration bug. I'll try to knock that out today, but I'm really overwhelmed at the moment with preparations for a Thursday release.

Charisma does and always has factored in as how capable your Guardian Spirit is, but it's not a functional capablility -- it has to do with how tough, etc it is. Thus it's pretty hard to really notice. "Capable" in this case doesn't refer to the various types.

I'd also like to point everyone at NEWS 5 24 regarding the Guardian Spirits (and all player owned entities, for that matter).

Rigby