Guardian Spirit 07/03/2003 10:40 PM CDT
::praises Rigby and anyone else involved::

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing with the spell so far, but one thing I have noticed already ... can what they say (at least when the entity says its name) please be "heard" by anyone in the area?

~Absinthe
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/03/2003 10:43 PM CDT
Rigby, this is an amazing spell. Having fun playing with it with my empath. Just one thing they seem to be pretty darn perceptive heh. And search constantly when you arnt in battle, bug perhaps?

Re: Guardian Spirit 07/04/2003 12:10 AM CDT
>>can what they say (at least when the entity says its name) please be "heard" by anyone in the area?<<

I think I left that as "owner only" so that if the Empath didn't like the name, they could make something up to tell everyone else. <g> "My name is B'hloradama'ma'haorn." "Uh... his name is Bob."

Rigby
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/04/2003 12:21 AM CDT
Like my namoreth (or whatever) named Broomstick?

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/04/2003 12:22 AM CDT
>I think I left that as "owner only" so that if the Empath didn't like the name, they could make something up to tell everyone else. <g> "My name is B'hloradama'ma'haorn." "Uh... his name is Bob."

Well, drat. Their speech messaging is neat, and non-Empaths are just missing out.

~Absinthe
Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/04/2003 11:41 PM CDT
The spell looks great, however I feel that the summoned creature seems largely useless in combat. I've found that an avenger at 30 mana and a narmorbreth at 20 mana both would successfully guard me from a crocodile once(there were three advancing), after which the intercepted croc continued advancing me and successfully engaged. Perhaps if the guardian stood its ground rather than tried to retreat all the time, it would keep the critter's attention and thereby successfully guard me.It wouldn't even necessarily have to become terribly aggressive, just willing to stand in combat (of course, fighting back would be encouraged :P)

I'm thrilled that the spell's become more interactive, however it seems to have been at the expense of effectiveness (not that it really worked before...). I'm hopefull that it can be tweaked somewhat so that it is actually able to keep at least one critter off of me, even if it doesn't kill things like crazy (which I didn't really expect in the first place, was more wishful thinking than anything).

Thanks,
-Battle Empath Karthor
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/05/2003 11:01 AM CDT
Protecting yourself from multiple attackers is probably always going to be a weak point with the spell. The guardian spirit is actually guarding you, just as a player would. One of the special perks lies in it's ability to re-guard you even if your attacker has reached pole range. Improving guard for multiple attackers would have to be something I'd discuss with GMs Veyl and Ssra.

Out of curiousity, has anyone tried combinations of Guardian Spirit and Innocence? Does that not seem to be an effective solution for multiple foes?

I've got some small revisions and corrections going live to the spell today based on various feedback. Some of those will include the ability to cast spells on the guardian spirit, and fixing the duration they linger. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to speak to Veyl yet about their perception while searching (as that still seems really off). I may shut that off completely until I do.

Rigby
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/05/2003 11:20 AM CDT
>>Out of curiousity, has anyone tried combinations of Guardian Spirit and Innocence? Does that not seem to be an effective solution for multiple foes?

The Innocence spell seems to be acting wierd. It is effecting even those critters who have by all intents and purposes disengaged (either through manipulate or GS) effectively kicking them out of the room.

>>Protecting yourself from multiple attackers is probably always going to be a weak point with the spell. The guardian spirit is actually guarding you, just as a player would. One of the special perks lies in it's ability to re-guard you even if your attacker has reached pole range. Improving guard for multiple attackers would have to be something I'd discuss with GMs Veyl and Ssra.

While I understand that the creature primarily guards, perhaps a suitable upgrade to the spell would be to give them the brawling maneuver SHOVE in order to get them to disengage the Empath. I really find it frustrating to watch my GS sit back and do nothing just because one critter made it to melee. Not to mention, the other four critters advancing will meet no resistance from him.

Barring the shoving, I'd like to see the Guardian become more agressive when there are more critters about, actually turning to the offense. As of now, I've only seen it fight when its unable to disengage. Quite honestly, its a pathetic little fighter, can't even touch most stuff. This may be based on my combat skills. But let's be honest, if it is, how'm I expected to learn weapons to pump up my spirit when I have no direct way of learning them?

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/05/2003 02:23 PM CDT
<<Out of curiousity, has anyone tried combinations of Guardian Spirit and Innocence? Does that not seem to be an effective solution for multiple foes?>>

I have and when GS is there and I used Innocence with the least amount of mana possible, it seems to become Super Innocence and scares all the critters away. Usually I have to prep Inn at a high level to get a critter to leave the room and the critter would have to had enaged me at the time.

In any case, and I've only played with GS for a couple of days, Innocence seems to be more powerful and useful to me than GS and Innocence is a prereq for GS. I would think GS should be more powerful and useful.

I've only had a GS kill one critter for me. I would love for them to be more aggressive so I can collect the treasures from their kills!

Illcram the Evil Empath

Make me rich!
http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/05/2003 06:38 PM CDT
>I've got some small revisions and corrections going live to the spell today based on various feedback. Some of those will include the ability to cast spells on the guardian spirit, and fixing the duration they linger.

Unless you give us the ability to have the spirit attack on our behalf, I do not believe allowing player-casted spells to affect them is very fair. All this succeeded in doing was chasing mine off and making it impossible for me to call another one for a period of time.

>The ball of lightning bounces toward a hairy dog-faced dirnel, spitting violent sparks and filling the air with the smell of ozone!
>The lightning blasts a very heavy hit to its abdomen!
>A hairy dog-faced dirnel shrieks and licks its wounds, then gestures. Sparkling blue motes dart around it as it transforms into a deep cerulean butterfly that takes to the skies and flutters away.

and then a few moments later:

>You gesture.
>Your heart skips a beat, but the only response is a cryptic whisper in your ear and a lot of childlike giggling.
>You sense the Fae are a bit too timid to be called so soon after the last one was scared off.

~Xoine

"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses." -- Ziggy
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/05/2003 09:54 PM CDT
Rigby, could you please reconsider the apparent refusal of the fae to engage (or even allow themselves to be engaged)? As it stands, the only situation I can see in which having it guard would be useful is if there's only one critter trying to engage me, and most of the time I don't mind having one critter engage me.

If there's any more than one trying to engage, the fae intercepts one, but then by the time it advances again there's another thing at melee with me, so it can't move over to guard me at all from the one that's still not engaged...this ends with me being engaged by all the critters and the fae just standing there watching. There's a chance that it will succeed against two if the timing is just right, but that's more luck than anything else, and any more than two is out of the question. That seems aweful limited in usefulness to me.

I would like to see a way to have the fae KEEP one (or more if it's really good) of several aggressors away from me. Maybe allowing them to wedge themselves between melee engagements in addition to pole engagements would work, if they're absolutely not going to allow themselves to be engaged.

It seems as though they will fight if they end up engaged, but their refusal to be engaged just ends up getting me overwhelmed. I don't think it's too unreasonable of me to ask that a great spell with as much potential as this to be useful in more than one situation (described above).

Thanks,
-Battle Empath Karthor
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/05/2003 11:21 PM CDT
Rigby,

I am unable to cast my spells upon Guardian Spirits. Is it intended taht only Empath spells work? I'll admit the only spell I tried was PFE, but I got a "I couldn't find what you were referring to" error.

- Smeg
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 01:52 AM CDT
Hi Rigby :) I posted in empath folder but you're probably reading here, not there... (if you are, please forgive me if I repeat myself).

I was wondering if the GS's defenses was based purely on charisma, or if there is a skill check involved. When my GS was scared away by some gargoyles, I was really surprised because I know I don't have uber charisma, but it's not bad and I think my magic and such are decent enough... gargoyles don't scare me!

I like how this is a single cast spell, thank you!

I love the verbs they have!

I was wondering if the single duration of 19 minutes will change and we'll be able to get longer after the preview.

I was wondering if they'd be able to push back creatures a bit more affectively even if one gets through, they'd push back the others.... this would be extremely helpful and probably the most important reason for the spell for my character...multiple opponent help.

Thank you,

Amo

_____________________________________________ "Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?" ~Dorothy

For more information on empaths who shift, go to:
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 02:19 AM CDT
I played around a bit with guardian spirit in gargs and snowbeasts. I didn't do any extensive testing, but I noticed that the guardian really wasn't able to do much to protect me when there was a heavy swarm, which is the only time I actually need its help. It's really nifty to have the guardian around, but it seems like the only time they offer assistance is when we're already doing just fine. So I have a couple suggestions.

1. When things get too crowded and the guardian can't successfully protect me by guarding, it ought to become more offensive. If my avenger's standing next to me with his big sword, and he realizes he's not going to be able to guard me because there are too many, he shouldn't just decide to sit back and watch! He ought to start attacking whatever is facing me, like manipulated critters do.

2. If I get stunned, the guardian should attempt to drag me out of the room. This would make it INFINITELY more useful. The only question that comes to my mind about this is how big the guardians are compared to us; gnome sized? Ladybird-like? But, they are magical creatures, so perhaps that is one of their talents.

~ Chall
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 10:10 AM CDT
>>gnome sized?

I was curious as to how this came about. From what I know of alfar, this is the opposite of what they look like. This is a c/p from the Book of Immortals:

"o Alfar - Fair and pale, almost angelic, the alfar are *tall and willowy* creatures that greatly resemble nyads and dryads. The alfar are as mischievous as the rest of their ilk, and alternately aid and hurt mortals, as pleases their current mood. A few alfar are servants to the gods, although these are few and far between from the others of their crafty race" (asterisks mine).

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 10:56 AM CDT
The Guardian Spirits probably won't ever be effective fighters, but I'll see what I can do to improve their defensive role in general. Give me some time to think on this.

>>>Alfar - Fair and pale, almost angelic, the alfar are *tall and willowy* creatures that greatly resemble nyads and dryads<<<

The summoned ones from the spell are youngsters, runts, or otherwise smaller than typical. Descriptions for them are also a little more gothic, since I happen to prefer that style. The "hairless Gnome" reference is really just because I can't resist taking a playful jab at Gnomes. ;)

Rigby
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 11:09 AM CDT
There are many things in the game which make me giggle but this one struck me as very funny.

Look avenger

Though her skin glistens with the purest of white, this particular alfar avenger appears much like an emaciated clean-shaven Gnome. In one hand, she grips a sharp blade of unusual design while her immense, pitch-black eyes unblinkingly watch for threats.

ask aven for name
A pure white alfar avenger whispers, "Heyas! The name's Fred. Nice to meet ya, Celeberin!"

"I used to be Snow White...... but I drifted." - Mae West
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 11:15 AM CDT
I hope you can come up with a way to make them more effective in combat, Rigby. That is their main weakness, really. It bothers me that my guardian spirit keeps assessing his/her combat situation, but won't actually do anything about it.

If not outright fighting, perhaps they could temporarily distract what's engaging me so it'll go after the GS instead. Or, as others suggested, perhaps brawling moves would be useful (like shove, to knock the critter out of melee).

Meghan
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 11:18 AM CDT
>>The Guardian Spirits probably won't ever be effective fighters, but I'll see what I can do to improve their defensive role in general. Give me some time to think on this.

Rigby - Having them start to SHOVE things off you which make it to melee would be a huge improvement to this spell. Otherwise its effectiveness in swarms is next to nil.

I also hope you please consider making their combat capability a reflection of the Empath's ability (and I don't mean combat skills). Its embarassing to be of a high circle and have your guardian struggle offensively against rock trolls.

>>The summoned ones from the spell are youngsters, runts, or otherwise smaller than typical. Descriptions for them are also a little more gothic, since I happen to prefer that style. The "hairless Gnome" reference is really just because I can't resist taking a playful jab at Gnomes. ;)

snicker

Would it be possible for older empaths to be able to summon older alfar? Also, what happened to Alfar Warriors and Firchilis? And does the spell lend itself to adding more alfar to the options? I assume it does after the merkin incident. Also, what about 'evil' spirits for the Empaths more inclined to follow that path?

"o Gremlins, Changelings, Faenrae Reavers, and Banesidhes - These black- hearted creatures -- with the exception of the Faenrae Reavers -- are the offspring of Idon's work, and are frequently involved in evil schemes. While all the Fae are mischievous, they can also do good -- not true with these creatures. Their presence can only mean ill. Created by Huldah, the Faenrae Reavers do fall under the classification of Fae due to their ethereal and other-worldly nature."

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 12:03 PM CDT
>>>Would it be possible for older empaths to be able to summon older alfar? Also, what happened to Alfar Warriors and Firchilis? And does the spell lend itself to adding more alfar to the options? I assume it does after the merkin incident.<<<

Firchilis were dropped because I found contradictory info on what they actually were. I dropped Alfar Warriors because there were already two, and I didn't want to get into an "alfar-heavy" spell. Merkins were actually in the original spell, but obviously are now TF only. There's always the possibility of adding more types, but it's far down on the priority list. New fluff interaction would be a higher priority (and even that isn't important at the moment).

The shove thing is a possibility. A lot of improvements hinge at the moment on talking with GM Veyl, and I simply haven't had time to do that yet.

Rigby
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 02:15 PM CDT
>>Merkins were actually in the original spell, but obviously are now TF only.

What's a Merkin?
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 03:18 PM CDT
Yah you got me wondering now too...

-Mozzik
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 06:48 PM CDT
>The shove thing is a possibility.

I think this would be an excellent addition. After some more testing yesterday, I was disgruntled that once one critter made it to melee, the spirit stopped doing anything other than assessing or attacking/being hit by something that was on them. I understand that if there is something on them, they won't be able to guard me. But, if they are just standing around, I think they should at least try and 'make' themselves be able to guard.

Maybe with a sucessful shove away, they can then move over and guard again.

At the very least, it would give you a few more seconds to try and get away. (if that was the plan)

I think it would be kinda neat too if say the spirits had a 'baseline' brawling ability that they are all summoned with, but that the casters brawling skill could help increase it.

I also think that it would be neat if maybe the longer they were summoned, the 'better' they got. Maybe more reactive, maybe hit their attackers harder, maybe able to take more of a beating. (I still hope we can one day see the wounds on them so we know how scrappy they are getting) Along this line, it'd be nice, maybe with enough magical devices skill (hey, we should have a high level use for it too since we have to work it for our magic ranks as well!), that we can add more mana into an existing GS, thereby extending it's time with us.

Still overall basking with excitement over this spell. Thanks again guys!
Kythryn, Fear the Empath
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 07:49 PM CDT
>>What's a Merkin?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=merkin

Its defining something they'd put into fallen. If you want G rated stuff, don't read it.

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Guardian Spirit Feedback 07/06/2003 09:32 PM CDT
<<Out of curiousity, has anyone tried combinations of Guardian Spirit and Innocence? Does that not seem to be an effective solution for multiple foes?>>

I've long had a dream of a spell that doesn't get me out of combat and scare off critters as much as it just helps me manage the ones in the room. I really really liked how the old GS worked this way. Yes, critters got through to melee, but the gs would also slip in between one or two of them, too... and that was perfect as an empath isn't all that powerful when it comes to handling many critters, especially with the increased importance of MO (compared to years back) as learning MO is slow and as we can't really kill them off.

Manipulate has proven to manage them fairly well when no other hunter is in the room. But I'd really just like my gs to help me manage multiple critters... I take a few, he guards me from a couple. As it is, he seems to give up once a few engage me and, despite being fae, cannot fit between any of them and me... that's a bit disappointing, I must admit. But maybe I just haven't discovered how to do fine tuning in my use of the spell ...

still experimenting,

Amorisse

'= }

_____________________________________________ "Can you even dye my eyes to match my gown?" ~Dorothy

Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 09:42 PM CDT
<<I think it would be kinda neat too if say the spirits had a 'baseline' brawling ability that they are all summoned with, but that the casters brawling skill could help increase it.>>

I think this is nice idea...and have the gs use CIRCLE, WEAVE, as well as SHOVE.

And as Shaunn said, it would be very much appreciated if the older and stronger gs would come for the 'older' empaths. If I can handle a leucro but my GS can't, i think I need to guard it, not it me! Hee hee. ;)

Amo

p.s. tried to cast SOP on my gs today and I couldn't...just figured you're still tweaking, though. = )

Re: Guardian Spirit 07/06/2003 09:53 PM CDT
I must say that I greatly appreciate that this spell's being looked into for improvement. If I may, I'd like to throw out a couple suggestions that could help somewhat. I have no idea how/if any would work from a coding standpoint, but here goes..

1. Allow critters to advance upon the fae. They currently don't for whatever reason, but if they did it could take some of the burden off the empath. In this case, an intercepted critter would switch to advancing the fae instead of re-advancing the empath. The fae could still do it's retreat thing in this case (though I really don't get why they do EVERY time).

2. Allow the fae to wedge themselves between melee engagements as well as pole ones, so they could still pick up advancers even if there's something at melee with the empath.

3. Have the fae let themselves be engaged, but have them act something like swamp trolls do. By this I mean they don't attack much(but still do sometimes). Maybe they could get some spells to cast to annoy the critters (like Dazzle and such) or to help out the empath (like PFE and such). Different fae could have different spells at their disposal.

4. Give the fae a way to disengage critters at melee with the empath. This could range anywhere from putting at pole or missile range (so the fae can move over to guard) to removing the critter from the room altogether. I'd think this would best work as a command that the empath could ASK the fae to do.

That's all I've got, thanks.
-Battle Empath Karthor
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/07/2003 01:07 AM CDT
>>Its defining something they'd put into fallen. If you want G rated stuff, don't read it.

Damn. So that protects empaths, eh?

That's funny to visualize.
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/07/2003 10:20 PM CDT
>1. Allow critters to advance upon the fae. They currently don't for whatever reason, but if they did it could take some of the burden off the empath

Actually, they will, it just takes awhile of the 'can't find you, advance you, can't find you, advance you' song and dance. If you have manipulate, you can speed this up, I've noticed that a manipulated critter will first go to my spirit (or wander away) before it turns to another critter.

Kythryn

Remember, words can only hurt you if you try to read them.
Don't play their game.
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/07/2003 10:22 PM CDT
I can't tackle spirits.

This seems wrong to me; I'm missing out on a lot.

-Frogspawn

Dragonrealms 2: Because even Simutronics deserves a second chance.
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/07/2003 10:33 PM CDT
>Actually, they will, it just takes awhile of the 'can't find you, advance you, can't find you, advance you' song and dance. If you have manipulate, you can speed this up, I've noticed that a manipulated critter will first go to my spirit (or wander away) before it turns to another critter.

Hm, interesting. I've sat in hiding watching a croc walk away instead of advancing my guardian, which is why I suggested that. In any case, it'd sure be helpful if intercepted critters advanced the guardian rather than going back after the empath. Why do they lose sight of it and stop advancing, anyway?

-Karthor
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/08/2003 02:39 AM CDT
I've been doing some researching... seems GS is absolutely fabulous in smaller critters but they don't seem to grow well with the empath into the stronger critters. Maybe this is a spell intended for 'younger' empaths.

Ah well, I will wait and see. Thanks all for turning out this spell! Is good to see it out again at least. = )

Amorisse

Re: Guardian Spirit 07/08/2003 12:08 PM CDT
I haven't tried GS with anything larger than a silverfish yet. However I have found that different Spirits have different responses to critters. The Fungus one refuses to engage at all and dances with critters, the woodwisp tries to avoid confrontation but will kill if swarmed, the alfar likes to kill and so forth.
I've been using the woodwisp almost exclusively in salt crabs/ship rats since I can dance til I am mindlocked and fluid, then retreat and hide. The critters then normally advance the woodwisp who dances with them for a while before beginning to kill them off. Combined with manipulate for getting rid of any too strong critters this combination has been working for me thusfar.
I've definitely gone back into hunting since now I can effectively control which critter I choose to engage, and summon my very own hunting buddy. I'll keep you posted on what happens when I get up to goblins and such.

A ship's rat scurries into view.
The ship's rat tries to tend its wounds.
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/08/2003 10:02 PM CDT
>Actually, they will, it just takes awhile of the 'can't find you, advance you, can't find you, advance you' song and dance. If you have manipulate, you can speed this up, I've noticed that a manipulated critter will first go to my spirit (or wander away) before it turns to another critter.

Well I decided to test this myself, and to my disappointment, manipulated critter just went after the other critter(s) attacking me. I tried it with two critters, manipulating one of them, and it just went after the other one I didn't manipulate. Tried it with three critters, manipulated two of them, they both just went after the other one attacking me...all the while my guardian just watched. Even tried it with one critter on me, manipulated it, and it just walked away rather than going after my guardian.(All of said tests were done more than once, with the same results)

I'm totally baffled every time I see someone mention that their guardians end up engaged/advanced upon/swarmed/otherwise involved in combat apart from intercepting a single critter and retreating (repeatedly) . No matter what I do, I just can't seem to make it happen.

-Karthor
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/09/2003 12:45 AM CDT
can't always go by what the definition of a merkin is however...

if we did that might aswell look up elf in the dictionary there 2 foot tall child-like spirits, If were gonna do that I demand all elves reduced to a size smaller then a gnome no more 7 foot tall elf <g>

for any reference Merkin is a member of the Mer race, Merman or Mermaid, the universal term is Merkin, I'm sure it wasn't inteded to be mean that

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness
Re: Guardian Spirit 07/09/2003 01:09 AM CDT
<<I've been using the woodwisp almost exclusively in salt crabs/ship rats since I can dance til I am mindlocked and fluid, then retreat and hide. The critters then normally advance the woodwisp who dances with them for a while before beginning to kill them off. Combined with manipulate for getting rid of any too strong critters this combination has been working for me thusfar.>>

I play in a variety of critters depending on what I'm trying to do or what I want to learn.

With old GS, I used it to help me manage better in the field so I could stand alongside my husband when he went places that were a bit over my head... I used it during invasions, too, so I could concentrate more of my efforts on healing people than on defending myself. It worked very well for those purposes except when i cast a spell. So I longed for a GS that didn't require held mana.

Unfortunately, this current GS is unneeded by me when I'm in rock trolls, goblins, rats...and other places where empaths have cited good results. Moreover, when I take my GS into critters I can handle quite well on my own (ds, gargoyles, peccs, vipers, leucros), the GS gets too hurt and I begin to think I should be guarding it, not it me.

It makes me wonder how the GS would serve me, if at all, if I went into critters above my power and then I wonder, "Isn't that what GS if for, to help empaths in combat?"

Certainly empaths are not going to be put at an unreasonable advantage if we had more powerful GS... we are not killing critters or adventurers left and right. We want ways to help us stand beside our peers (other adventurers of similar circle) and add them during combat... well, some of us do, I guess. And some access to the treasure system that doesn't leave us in complete dependency to other players is a good thing, too ;)

Anyhow, thanks for reading my thoughts here. I'm sure I've been too redundant to do any good but i still appreciate the conversation! '= }

Amo

Re: Guardian Spirit 07/09/2003 01:27 AM CDT
Okay, I eat my words! I just tried my gs in angiswards and it's doing a nice job protecting me.

Sorry to jump to conclusions too soon.

blushing badly,

Amo

Re: Guardian Spirit 07/12/2003 02:20 PM CDT
<<Okay, I eat my words! I just tried my gs in angiswards and it's doing a nice job protecting me.>>

Additional research proved it was a combination that was protecting me... Mastterm plus the guardian spirit (actually, it was mostly Mastterm who killed each and every angis he saw attempt to engage me after the GS had attempted to deflect it.

Oh well... I can just hope for a GM (guardian mastterm) spell now. If I'm the only empath experiencing such difficulty with the spell, then it must just be me. So, I'll try to just hush up about it all.

Amo