Heavenly Fires 11/15/2016 06:35 PM CST
Last night I noticed the Heavenly Fires metamagic spell isn't considered Signature to the Cleric guild and was curious if this could be considered for Signature status.

Admittedly, when observed exclusively as a single, isolated spell Heavenly Fires doesn't meet the parameters of what defines a Signature spell. However, the fact that it only works passively when the Signature spell Aesrela Everild is used, it becomes inoperative to anyone but a Cleric.

While this is very likely an intentional feature, and I can certainly follow the train of logic behind it being so, to me it feels awkward. When you compare Heavenly Fires to the other Non-Signature spells in the scroll system, nigh all of them* are independently functional, as well as compatible for use by other guilds (functional, not explicitly desirable).

*Flame Shockwave leaps to mind as slightly similar with Heavenly Fires, however, Shockwave is also Non-Signature, making it possible to learn both and grant the ability to use the spells. As I recall, the Flame Shockwave is also only able to be learned from a scroll, by way of comparison to Heavenly Fires which is taught by all Guild Leaders.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.