Sorcery and Supernatural 01/19/2010 09:42 PM CST
I know the answer will be 'no'- but follow my logic here. I completely understand grandfathering NMU's for the skills that they should have been learning all along. It will allow them to continue to use the skills that they currently use. I am surprised by the grandfathering of TDP's but I think I can see the rational behind it.

But- following the same logic- Sorcery really should be grandfathered on at least some scale. I really didn't care so much before but following that same logic- Flavius should have been learning Sorcery at a fairly brisk pace for the last 2 years- and earning the tdp's that would accompany it. But at the same time, I realize that none of us use 'Sorcery' as much as regular magic. So I propose Grandfathering Sorcery at a rate of 20% of PM, or even 20% of the average of PM and MD, including the relevant tdp's. The old way of doing things is changing- for the better I might add- and I think under this new scheme, grandfathering Sorcery on a limited basis makes sense.
Re: Sorcery and Supernatural 01/19/2010 09:56 PM CST
The idea isn't that Inner Focus and Warding will be grandfathered because "it's nice" or "I would've learned it anyway," but because they're critical skills that lacking will shut out important parts of a character's arsenal post-change.

Sorcery (and TM for Magic Terts before it) does not fit that criteria; the only people that might've made an argument for grandfathering Sorcery are Moon Mages, and that's solved with the spell wipe (again, paralelled to the TM change's spell edits).

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Sorcery and Supernatural 01/19/2010 10:46 PM CST
Thats a solid point Armifer- thanks