Prev_page Previous 1
Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 01:27 PM CST
Since the new experience system has made circling much easier for most people, and the number of people who play regularly who are over 100th or will soon be there, is relatively high right now, can we please look into more post 100th skills for all guilds?

Currently a post 100th Ranger after they can carve hunters bows has basically nothing to look forward to based on circle, the last beseech is 90th, there really aren't any spells available left to learn.

I am sure Moon Mages are in a similiar situation as are most other guilds, some of whom do not really even get a 100th circle ability.

Is it possible somethings could be developed with consideration to this, please?

Eylhaar whispers, "Celitha, to Myself come you now. This life abandon and to the Void yourself give. Without pain or strife My eternal abode is. The touch of the Void feel you now."
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 01:37 PM CST
As a 150th ranger ability, I'd like to be able to snipe from a room away. Thank you.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 01:49 PM CST
We need to get 100th circle abilities for the guilds that don't have them before we start looking into more abilities for the guilds that do have them. I know you said for all guilds but the two examples you gave were for guilds that already have 100th circle ablities.

After that they need to fix some 100th circle abilities that are virtually worthless, ala War Stomp
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 02:04 PM CST
War Stomp is awesome.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 02:57 PM CST
From the Empath side of the fence, I'd be happy to see some post-50th spells and abilities.

-- Player of Szrael --

(12:09:15 AM) catman: every time i find someone that has calm as their default speech emote, my first reaction is to try and make them angry
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 03:00 PM CST
100th level Empath ability:

Shift Evaluate actually gives meaningful information.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 03:13 PM CST
>>From the Empath side of the fence, I'd be happy to see some post-50th spells and abilities.

Clerics as well, granted they do have spells now until around 80-90.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:02 PM CST
For Empath post 100th circle ability sense/identify/evaluate the health of people/critters etc in rooms you can sense via perceive health.

Post 50th maybe sense internal wounds without touching or at least sense your own internal injuries.

Possibly something with manipulation skill like make critters more or less likely to enter your area/room. (Empath)

Cleric 100th circle ability suggestions, self resurrection without using a favor or multi person resurrection. Something to restore devotion perhaps. Something related to that OM orb to make it easier to work with, I haven't really played a Cleric.

As far as carving hunter's bows for a 100th circle ability it doesn't exactly scream awesome either. It is very much a niche ability. It should be a skill we get based rather on mech lore or whatever they turn carving bows into with crafting skill level and bow skill level. This is really only a useful skill if you are longbow or shortbow primary and then only marginally so.

Eylhaar whispers, "Celitha, to Myself come you now. This life abandon and to the Void yourself give. Without pain or strife My eternal abode is. The touch of the Void feel you now."
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:03 PM CST
I still think the easiest, and best, cleric 100th ability would be for MF to not clear out xp pools.

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:07 PM CST
It'd be cool if the Empath one was, for once, not healing related. The leaders take you aside and say, "Well, you've made it this far, perhaps you are ready to learn a little more..."

Possibly the painstakingly-charge-up-in-advance and trigger when you really-really-really need it massive self-healing ability that's been kicked around.

Honestly though I think most Empath players would be happy just to have spells and abilities up to 100th first, let alone a 100th circle ability. This might give people a reason to train to 100th, which most Empaths currently do not have. Aren't there only like two 150th Empaths? That says something to me.

-- Player of Szrael --

(12:09:15 AM) catman: every time i find someone that has calm as their default speech emote, my first reaction is to try and make them angry
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:10 PM CST
>>I still think the easiest, and best, cleric 100th ability would be for MF to not clear out xp pools.

This was always my thought for a 100th circle ability. I'd settle for the not using favors though. I'd rather not have the multiple person rezzes. I'd like the ability to be useful to myself, not others.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:24 PM CST
>I still think the easiest, and best, cleric 100th ability would be for MF to not clear out xp pools

Giving the ability to not lose any experience upon death ,usually ,only to Clerics would lead to a highly imbalanced situation in which death would become meaningless for Clerics who have MF often times and or everyone would just be playing Clerics.

Any ability to regain lost exp due to death should be available to everyone in some form if they allow it. I could see maybe Clerics being able to create some sort of item which limits loss of undrained or restores some experience to a fallen person. It would have to be something a Cleric could not do to themselves though to prevent over powered missuse. The items would have to be somewhat rare, so it would make this a desirable situation but also an expensive one. This way Clerics could make coin from this.

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:35 PM CST
I would like for the Empath 150th circle ability to be the most massively OP offensive ability in the game.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:35 PM CST
I really can't see that benefit being enough to make everyone become a cleric.

I mean look at the MM 100th ability for example. I'd take that over MF preserving my exp through death, no doubt.

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:38 PM CST
At 150th the Empath is told the secret to hunting w/o shock.

... It might also involve them having a chat with Mr. Book.

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 04:40 PM CST
i'd like traders to get a 100th ability. i mean, how many years has it been since they said traders were going to have their own shops at 100th?

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 05:01 PM CST
>i'd like traders to get a 100th ability. i mean, how many years has it been since they said traders were going to have their own shops at 100th?

Speculate death, IMO. Trading vs evasion.

It will cost you 444 TDPs to raise your Strength from 99 to 100.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 06:10 PM CST
>>Giving the ability to not lose any experience upon death ,usually ,only to Clerics would lead to a highly imbalanced situation in which death would become meaningless for Clerics who have MF often times and or everyone would just be playing Clerics.

That's a silly argument. Not everyone are min-maxers. In addition he said not clear out exp pools, not keep the same mindstates that you had. I'd be fine with leaving 20-50% in there, maybe dependent on skill in some way.

>>I could see maybe Clerics being able to create some sort of item which limits loss of undrained or restores some experience to a fallen person. It would have to be something a Cleric could not do to themselves though to prevent over powered missuse. The items would have to be somewhat rare, so it would make this a desirable situation but also an expensive one. This way Clerics could make coin from this.

This is a suggestion for Cleric enchantments, not a 100th circle ability, IMO anyway.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 09:49 PM CST
>For Empath post 100th circle ability sense/identify/evaluate the health of people/critters etc in rooms you can sense via perceive health.

You mean fix perceive health so it gives meaningful readouts? Or you want it to give you every wound on someone? I really think it should just give the same word as the combat balance/position line when you're injured. To the <direction> you sense: a hurt Opieus; a near death's door hidden entity, etc...

>sense your own internal injuries

Cast a min prep heal, that will tell you if you have internals. It's a 15th circle spell, and by 50th the mana is probably minimal.

100th circle ability for Empaths... Shifting themselves and forcibly shifting others have been shot down repeatedly, right? I like the massive stored healing ability, but I think that should be an enchantment.

Clerics... MF becomes a metaspell ala the necromancer one so they don't have to keep it active, maybe?

>As far as carving hunter's bows for a 100th circle ability

I thought two personal trail markers was the Ranger 100th circle ability, still planned, though.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"I've always held Elanthia's ultimate end will shortly follow after either an "Oops." or a "Hey, that's neat." from within a Moon Mage guild." ~Z
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/06/2010 09:59 PM CST
>Clerics... MF becomes a metaspell ala the necromancer one so they don't have to keep it active, maybe?

I like this

Segmere
Shadow Priest, Baron's Own Militia

"The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep." ~WC Fields
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 07:12 AM CST
>I thought two personal trail markers was the Ranger 100th circle ability, still planned, though.

It is. The really sad part is PTMs (and trails in general) suck so much I've never used it in the year or so since I made 100th.... :(

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 07:28 AM CST
>Clerics... MF becomes a metaspell ala the necromancer one so they don't have to keep it active, maybe?

>>I like this

Oooo me too, didn't even think of that
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 10:15 AM CST
Keeping MF up nowadays is so much easier and reliable than the old method, I am not sure that would be a huge advantage. And really if you did that MF would be cast only for experience- because there would not be any need to keep MF up.

I think retaining some of the active experience would make perfect sense for clerics. I doubt we could keep all, but as a compromise, keeping half of the active experience would still be pretty nifty. Certainly not game changing but nifty.

The problem with additional post death benefits is that they are only useful if the cleric dies. I would rather have a 100th circle benefit that had everyday applications.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 10:18 AM CST
>>The problem with additional post death benefits is that they are only useful if the cleric dies. I would rather have a 100th circle benefit that had everyday applications.

You might be on to something with new combat but under current combat after 100th circle Death is an every day thing.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 10:37 AM CST
>You might be on to something with new combat but under current combat after 100th circle Death is an every day thing.

False. Just keep Maf up if you regularly get one hit killed, decent chance you won't see any more one hit deaths.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 10:48 AM CST
>>False. Just keep Maf up if you regularly get one hit killed, decent chance you won't see any more one hit deaths.

False. True it's saved me several times but one hit deaths were still a common occurance. Of course I've been out of combat for a while and 1 hit kills seemed to have gone down a lot in TF since Necros were released, at least based on death messaging. It's possible we just didn't get the tweaks despite being told that we did.

Where are you hunting Youree?
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 11:34 AM CST
>Where are you hunting Youree?

Yuoree is in Adult dillos, I've had 2 one hit deaths and 1 other death, in 40 ranks of evasion (which is what I've gained since moving here from apes). And I do not use MAF at all on him.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 11:39 AM CST
>>Yuoree is in Adult dillos, I've had 2 one hit deaths and 1 other death, in 40 ranks of evasion (which is what I've gained since moving here from apes). And I do not use MAF at all on him.

I seriously think we just didn't get the tweaks until necros came out. Until them the higher level players were dying at least once a day, since then I see them die maybe every couple days at the most. I'll find out when I go back into combat this weekend I guess.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 01:11 PM CST
Something definitely changed right around when Necros were released in TF. I'm averaging about a week between deaths all of a sudden.

It will cost you 444 TDPs to raise your Strength from 99 to 100.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 03:34 PM CST
>i'd like traders to get a 100th ability. i mean, how many years has it been since they said traders were going to have their own shops at 100th?

>>Speculate death, IMO. Trading vs evasion.

HEAR! HEAR!

considering from what i understand vocals is now usable as a combat skill, trading used as such isnt far fetched at all.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 05:24 PM CST
I never played an Empath or really even know what they have, but I thought this would be cool:

Transfer Vitality, from a target to yourself or your Guardian.

So if your guardian is getting beat up or the empath you could transfer vitality from your opponent to yourself or guardian.

(now someone is going to say that it already exists)

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 05:33 PM CST
I don't have a high-level empath- But I don't remember hearing of such an ability. About the closest I've ever seen is heartlink, and that's not the same at all. I just use that as a sort of emergency life-support system for myself or my patients.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:05 PM CST
<<never played an Empath or really even know what they have, but I thought this would be cool:
Transfer Vitality, from a target to yourself or your Guardian.
So if your guardian is getting beat up or the empath you could transfer vitality from your opponent to yourself or guardian.>>

(now someone is going to say that it already exists)

um, it does, but not for empaths. See siphon vitality spell. necromancers. :-)

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:28 PM CST
The Empath 100th ability should be temporary invulnerability, a la wolverine it would be awesome you know you want to.

-- Player of Szrael --

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:38 PM CST
Shoot claws out your hands, heal the wounds, kill constructs?

Actually for real 100th abilities something like on death their body can heal itself automatically (though not raise itself) wouldn't be bad - though it brings back the death only problem of being kinda limited.

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:41 PM CST
>Actually for real 100th abilities something like on death their body can heal itself automatically (though not raise itself) wouldn't be bad - though it brings back the death only problem of being kinda limited.

Isn't empathy supposed to be able to transcend death?

Having an empathic self-raise would be a good 100th ability, IMHO.

-pete
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:43 PM CST
I'll give a $1 to the first person who can point out why I stopped at healing and not self raising.

And it has nothing to do with game balance.

PS: Odds of actually collecting said $1 mathematically insignificant.

Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:43 PM CST
>>>Speculate death, IMO. Trading vs evasion.
>considering from what i understand vocals is now usable as a combat skill, trading used as such isnt far fetched at all.

You don't even need coding for that. Just tell your victim "Here's a thousand plats. Stab yourself."

>Transfer Vitality

Look up "Siphon Vitality"

> a la wolverine it would be awesome you know you want to.

Didn't some bard prydaen with a very old regeneration scroll do that and clawed all day thinking exactly that?
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:44 PM CST
>I'll give a $1 to the first person who can point out why I stopped at healing and not self raising.

Social experiment to see how long it would take someone to escalate the idea?

-pete
Re: Post 100th abilities 01/07/2010 08:48 PM CST
>>The Empath 100th ability should be temporary invulnerability, a la wolverine it would be awesome you know you want to.

IIRC this is slated to be the paladin 100th ability, which makes even more sense.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Prev_page Previous 1