Escaping from guards.. 03/13/2006 04:35 PM CST
I was recently working stealing and I have a decent little amount of escaping and I was just thinking of suggesting that other guilds should be able to run from the guards too, Could be something like an Avoid

Avoid !run
>
You will now attempt to run from law enforcement officals.
>
Avoid run
>
You will now surrender yourself without fight to the guards.
>

I like to play the thiefly type, the title system change has greatly enhanced this ability. But I don't see why I shouldn't be able to run from the guards just like any shadow can. That doesn't seem like a guild view, seems more like would be a personal value. Which I would be able to control. Thanks Dunno if this is the place for it but thats my suggestion.

Traevius
Re: Escaping from guards.. 03/14/2006 01:20 PM CST
from the beginning of when a thief goes to join a guild that isn't out in the open, what they do is ILLEGAL. Therefore a GUILDED thief has a reason to try to keep away from the "law* of the land, which are represented by the guards - to try to escape, as it were.

<although it barely teaches any escaping>

other guilds have no reason to attempt to naturally flee from the guards, its just not in their nature to be fearful of justice == as. they have no requirements in skills that it is illegal to train.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Escaping from guards.. 03/16/2006 07:35 AM CST
<<<other guilds have no reason to attempt to naturally flee from the guards, its just not in their nature to be fearful of justice == as. they have no requirements in skills that it is illegal to train.>>>

I am sorry, but I disagree. My character knows that when he does something illegal, he knows to stay away from the guards, to avoid getting arrested. And being that he has well over 100 ranks in escaping, I should be able to use those ranks to avoid, or try to avoid, getting arrested. Or else they should allow once again stealing from PC to teach like it used to, so that I can steal outside of town to avoid having to deal with the law.

Asterid
Re: Escaping from guards.. 03/16/2006 09:26 AM CST
I would leave escaping from guards to guilded thieves, or maybe thieves and rangers, but I think everyone should be able to try to escape the jails, the stocks, etc. Have it train escaping and make people break back into jail to recover their stuff. It would also raise more money for the provinces, because the act of escaping would also be a criminal act, requiring higher fines.

mfberg
Re: Escaping from guards.. 03/16/2006 10:06 AM CST
<<but I think everyone should be able to try to escape the jails, the stocks, etc.>>
I have to disagree. It was said by an old GM that if you escaped from jail/stocks you would essentially lose the items that you had when arrested. Not to mention still be wanted with an even greater fine.
Because of this, I don't think anyone would use the skill frequently enough to warrant creation time, specially those who have items they do not want to lose as their fine nears dozens of plats after escaping (which ironically would probably be those with the skill to pull it off).

Re: Escaping from guards.. 03/16/2006 02:46 PM CST
i believe that many of the original ideas on breaking out of prison, etc - were put into the in-game quest that is on m'riss. Although I don't believe that any part of that quest actually teaches escaping <dunno, its one of the in-game quests I haven't gotten around to trying yet. maybe now that i have my boat, i'll give it a whirl one of these days>

schvartz

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."