Shift 06/02/2003 11:34 AM CDT
Im a Gor Tog. I was wondering if an empath is skilled enough, Can they Shift Hair onto a Tog? if not, Why not?
Re: Shift 06/02/2003 05:32 PM CDT
Presumably the same reasons tehy cannot give an elothean a tail (for example). That would be a major alteration to the physical build of the race instead of simply normal (or close to normal) variation. I'm certain it's possible with shift (from an IC sense not mechanical) but with significantly more skill then any empath has currently or could be boosted too. But I'm sure Jomay could arrange some hair care for you <G>

-Mozzik
Re: Shift 06/02/2003 06:16 PM CDT
I just want my Tog to be able to have hair one day....one day... :P
Re: Shift 06/02/2003 11:04 PM CDT
Would make for some interesting Merchant(GMNPC) alterations... such a dramatic shift. Wings, tail, claws, fangs....
Jerevth

Not evil, just misunderstood.
Re: Shift 06/03/2003 09:06 AM CDT
>Would make for some interesting Merchant(GMNPC) alterations... such a dramatic shift. Wings, tail, claws, fangs....

Wings...noooooo! They would be like dimples are now.

~Coine, Xalixis, Xoine and the rest

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."
---from 'Apocalypse Now'
Re: Shift 06/03/2003 11:29 AM CDT
I dont have dimples :D
Re: Shift 06/03/2003 03:24 PM CDT
Like dimples? You mean consent for all of us who have to see them flash 100 times a minute? Comm'ere... I'll take those dimples (wings) off of yah!

-Mozzik
Re: Shift 06/03/2003 08:31 PM CDT
I wouldn't want wings, dimples or even a tail. Though I wouldn't mind prydean claws, for practical reasons.

Steel.

Please do not post messages or suggestions in the Guild Guru area here or anywhere else on the boards. - GM Dalzien
Re: Shift 06/04/2003 01:06 AM CDT
Because it was an GMNPC doing the deed- the number of curious/monstrous shifts would be limited in the extreme.
Might be three folks with a set of claws, one with wings, etc... but I was just rambling anyway. It's late/ early.
Jerevth

Not evil, just misunderstood.
Re: Shift 06/04/2003 01:42 AM CDT
Just outta curiousity has anyone else whohas a pair of wings as an item tried to 'tap my wings'.. I think it would be feasible for a body alteration merchant to give a player charater wings.. that would have a couple of verbs flap etc..

Arielor

Who would love to be gryphonic
Re: Shift 06/28/2003 10:38 AM CDT
Would be fun to have wings and such ya but the verbs would be diffcult to get outta our heads.... and the tail shifting....you know shifting is changing not adding unless i'm not getting to the point

The secert to stealing is not to get caught!
Re: Shift 06/28/2003 10:57 AM CDT
>>you know shifting is changing not adding unless i'm not getting to the point

Shifting has no limitations in theory. A skilled enough Empath could potentially change you into say... a tree, or a rock. No PC has this power, due to the fact that we aren't properly trained in shifting, we lack skill, and imagination.

Former Empath Shaunn
Re: Shift 06/29/2003 01:51 AM CDT
When a GM mentioned that Empaths only know about 10% of what shift is truly capable of, that should give everyone some idea that amazing things may very well be in store.

Oswyn, saving up for whatever that may be
Re: Shift 06/29/2003 09:02 AM CDT
Imgatation is right sheesh who would want to be a tree? All you do is sit there...

The secert to stealing is not to get caught!
Re: Shift 06/29/2003 05:47 PM CDT
If you don't want to be a tree then don't tick off the wrong empath. The only empath we KNOW of with anything resembling this kinda of power (including forced shifts) is Jomay. As Shaunn said, no PC empath has the power or knowledge to do anything near that.

~Asrea
Re: Shift 06/29/2003 07:57 PM CDT
>>The only empath we KNOW of with anything resembling this kinda of power (including forced shifts) is Jomay.

That woman who was riding the sea monster seemed like a rather powerful Empath when it came to Shifting.

Sure, she's dead now, but still!
Re: Shift 06/29/2003 09:47 PM CDT
Actually, I don't think Jomay is skilled enough to shift people to trees, as she only just started making people to statues.

Trylaine is a bit more than just an empath, its almost like she was a more highly evolved being or demigod or something. That's just my opinion. And she could 'shift' her/himself, which is also unique among Empaths.

Former Empath Shaunn
Empathic Shifts 10/27/2003 09:07 PM CST
Hi I've heard about shifts but was told I wans't allowed tot alk about them in the game so I'm guessing I should ask about them ehre? I'm a bit young so I guess I'll be asking if there's anyone willing to perform free shifts for a red eye? trying to go for a blue eye and a red eye but right now i only have a blue eye. Also, i see that there are hair streaks but I am wondering if its possible to dye my bangs?
Re: Empathic Shifts 10/27/2003 10:58 PM CST
<<Hi I've heard about shifts but was told I wans't allowed tot alk about them in the game so I'm guessing I should ask about them ehre? I'm a bit young so I guess I'll be asking if there's anyone willing to perform free shifts for a red eye? trying to go for a blue eye and a red eye but right now i only have a blue eye. Also, i see that there are hair streaks but I am wondering if its possible to dye my bangs? >>

Shifting is an empath only skill, and there is a folder dedicated to it in the empath guild folder. There is the Empath Coalition (http://www.coalition.fairmount.nu/) which is the most organized instance of shifters. You also might could find a free lance shifter. Prices are not set in stone, and there is room for negotiation, but usually for the harder shifts. Anyways, that web page should give you a good starting point. Good luck :)

Imp

"Sire the peasants are revolting"
"You said it, they stink!"
Shifting/Features 04/23/2006 12:53 PM CDT
Not sure if this is the BEST place.

I know Gemstone has feature alterers, and all that.

I really find myself liking what they have, and what they have that's been
altered. Since I don't know whats "standard" and whats "altered"
I'll just post some highlights that are favorites.

She has slanting, mismatched grey and black eyes and intensely pale skin.
She has thigh length, blazing red hair arranged in an intricately twisted
roll at the back of her head and held in place by some glittering dark
emerald hairjewels. (it appears they change which what hairworn item you
are actually wearing?)
She has violet-shadowed, pale lilac eyes and ivory skin.
She has long, silky black cherry-hued hair twisted into loose ringlets.
She has subtly arched eyebrows.
She has a thin scar of delicate intertwined thorns on her neck.
(Scarification tattoos?)
He has brooding dark eyes and tanned skin.
He has chin length, thick black hair.
His face is concealed by a double-layered scarf of fine white cotton.
(I find myself really liking the varying descriptive hair lengths)
She has waist length, glossy silver hair.
(Mm. Glossy hair)
She has large blue eyes and fair skin.
She has short, curly auburn hair with lighter streaks.
She has slender wrists.
(I think the slender wrists is amusing)
She has subtly shadow-rimmed contrasting grey and black eyes and fair skin.
She has long, perfectly straight deep scarlet hair swept smoothly back
from a sharp widow's peak.
(Adore the widows peak)
Her delicate features form a perfect line from her jaw extending out
past her long, pointed ears.
She has a refined and delicate face and a narrow waist.
She has a speckled baby gecko tattoo on her ankle.
She has old battle scars on her right arm.
(A tattoo and scars? Not sure if the scars are a feature or they have
the ability to allow old scars to become old battle scars, etc)
She has a silver-twined thick copper hoop in the upper ridge
of her right ear.
She has a thin black diamond ring in her lip.
She has sun-streaked, flowing blonde hair that tumbles down to the
small of her back with an errant forelock falling down into her face.
(I'm certain this is altered, because the person also has custom verbs that
go with it.)
She has exotic, aqua-encircled cypress green eyes and silken lotus-white
skin. She has extremely long, luxurious dark crimson hair tinted with
warm copper undertones. She has a naturally blushed nymph-like face and
dramatically curved, pointed ears.
She has a pair of black butterflies inked on her collarbone.

I could go on with neat things for days. I hope we can get similar feature type things in DR.

Your mind hears Teiro thinking, "Paying 100 plat to have a bard come dance for me.. wait. what the hell am I thinking? I've got to get out of Xing. Paying 100 plat to have a bard let me eat their soul!"
AIM: Huldahs Pal
Re: Shifting/Features 04/24/2006 10:01 AM CDT
Feature alterations are really nice over there. I just had my characters eyes done this weekend and hope to get his hair done sometime this week. I agree it would be great to have this over here.

Jim

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."
Re: Shifting/Features 04/24/2006 06:23 PM CDT
>Feature alterations are really nice over there. I just had my characters eyes done this weekend and hope to get his hair done sometime this week. I agree it would be great to have this over here. Jim

I can only hope, and hope.. and wish... that would be my dream addition.

~~~
..player of Xochi
It ain't bragging if you can do it.
Re: Shifting/Features 04/24/2006 07:39 PM CDT
Well I just came back from a hunt, so I went and found a mirror to peer into, here's what I've had done so far, the eyes and hair to give you an idea.

>peer mir
You look at yourself carefully in the pine-framed mirror...

You see Greyslayer Ap'Davion.
He appears to be a Half-Elf from Vornavis.
He appears to be in the prime of life and short. He has thick-lashed, brooding absinthe green eyes and alabaster skin. He has ankle-length, wavy blue-black hair spilling down his back in a slightly mussed array of curls. He has an angular face, a classical nose and deep laugh lines.
He is in good shape.
He is holding an engraved alum-edged dagger in his right hand and a long black knife in his left hand.
He is wearing a dashing black leather cavalier's hat adorned with an upswept dark grey plume, a slender silver hoop earring, an opaque glass amulet, an Elanthian snow rose, a high-collared heavy black leather mantle lined with dark grey silk, a deep black rolled leather baldric with a rolaren-edged glaes scimitar and a lead-weighted heavy glaes rapier secured to it, a front-laced black muslin shirt, a silver-inlaid black diamond bracelet, some soft black leather gloves, a shadowglass ring, a silver-studded wide black leather greatbelt, a silver coin-clasped hefty black leather loot sack, a chased silver potion flask, a black leather tool kit, some reinforced black leather pants, and a pair of polished black riding boots with attached silver spurs.

Jim

p.s:I really hope we do get that here.

Re: Shifting/Features 04/24/2006 11:34 PM CDT
With things like this, one has to wonder...

Do any of the GS players go "Hey! They got this neat thing over in DR! Can we get that over here?"

Just a point of curiousity.

Amagaim; the player of,

Don't write it if you can say it.
Don't say it if you can whisper it.
Don't whisper it if you can imply it.
Don't imply it if you can nudge it.
Don't nudge it if you can wink it.
Don't wink it if you can help it.
Re: Shifting/Features 04/24/2006 11:39 PM CDT
they did when i played gemstones III eight years ago

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Shifting/Features 04/25/2006 07:52 AM CDT
I met a GS player the other day in goblins. They were more than a little excited to find out they didn't have to be a rogue to open boxes.
Re: Shifting/Features 04/25/2006 09:29 AM CDT
>Do any of the GS players go "Hey! They got this neat thing over in DR! Can we get that over here?"

I'm sure its mutually exclusive. I don't read too many of their boards over there because I simply don't understand what the devil they're talking about. It's all numbers and weird math like formulas.

Your mind hears Teiro thinking, "Paying 100 plat to have a bard come dance for me.. wait. what the hell am I thinking? I've got to get out of Xing. Paying 100 plat to have a bard let me eat their soul!"
AIM: Huldahs Pal
Re: Shifting/Features 04/25/2006 01:53 PM CDT
Do any of the GS players go "Hey! They got this neat thing over in DR! Can we get that over here?"
Just a point of curiousity.
Amagaim; the player of,

Oh yeah, there are great things about DR that GS does not have. The neat factor is a two way road for sure. :)

Jim

Re: Shifting/Features 04/25/2006 02:27 PM CDT
Oh good. Now I don't feel so left out.

Amagaim; the player of,

Don't write it if you can say it.
Don't say it if you can whisper it.
Don't whisper it if you can imply it.
Don't imply it if you can nudge it.
Don't nudge it if you can wink it.
Don't wink it if you can help it.