1 2 3 5 Next Next_page
Re: Backstab 03/20/2004 04:06 PM CST
That person must have the top bow in the realms because I had a barb pal named Mosk which has like 206 bow shoot me fully aimed none of us using any abilities nor burden or hinderance and he was missing me he has like 30 agility I have 37 reflex and 272 evasion. He shot multiple times too so wasn't one time, I'm sure your friend can't touch me with that little bow as I'm sure I can't touch someone with that much more evasion than my bow, given bow skill while fully aimed is a said percentage of your skill so the higher the bow the higher increase in effective skill when you shoot. However, getting off a full aimed shot on something at level better or pvp isn't always that easy of a task except for survival primaries.

War Hawk Catullus
Re: Backstab 03/20/2004 04:21 PM CST
oh and my post was in response to the person that said his friend with 150 bow and 10 less agility than his 300 evasion can hit him with his bow. Only way he'd do that is using abilities to enhance his bow now if you said someone with 300 can hit a person with 400 evasion then I'd believe that or if it was 150 against 220 evasion or something along those lines. Evading a bow yes has a penalty as it should and fully aiming offers a nice bonus to hit but you sacrafice being open to attack a longer time or retaliation of another range weapons or magic. When you are aiming a bow you pretty much have like 60% effective evasion so it would only be fair to receive a bonus from it if indeed there is one.

War Hawk Catullus
Re: Backstab 07/08/2004 10:14 AM CDT
I don't know anything at all about sniping or backstab, but what part does perception play in defending against both?

Aldeberan, the Clueless Tog
Re: Backstab 07/08/2004 10:44 AM CDT
If you see them coming it'll be a lot harder for them to get you. ;)

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Backstab 07/08/2004 06:18 PM CDT
Against backstab, perception reduces or eliminates the amount which their backstab ranks reduce your defenses. Against sniping, perception reduces or eliminates their chance of staying hidden (successful snipes don't get a power increase, just staying hidden). At least, that's how I've come to understand it.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
1 2 3 5 Next Next_page