Ranger trails too restricted by FTP 02/12/2021 10:10 PM CST
I'm a free to play account with a Ranger and it looks like trails are limited by more than they should be. I understand that the trails that crossing over F2P barriers are rightly barred, but there are multiple trails that lie entirely within F2P zones that work in one direction but not in the other direction. The ones that I'm aware of are any of the ones that end near the haven ferry but there could be others. The trails work fine going in the direction away from the ferry, but none of them work going to the ferry. I think it's because the ferry end-point of the trail is technically in Therengia and the restriction check on the trail is just checking the province of the room at the end of the trail is in instead of considering whether it's actually accessible. Could this be looked at? It doesn't make sense I can run a trail in one direction, but not the other direction.

Here's the Haven Ferry to Kaerna trail and vice versa as an example:

[North Road, Riverbank]
This close to the river's edge, dry ground gives way to marshlands. A thick coat of bright green moss grows over many of the standing pools, and on the groups of elm trees rising from scattered muddy knolls. Waterfowl swim lazily on the ponds, diving under the water every now and again for a quick snack. The path runs atop a packed earth dike rising above the sodden ground.
Obvious paths: north, south.

> scout trail

You notice a trailmarker scratched into the bark of an elm tree.

Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> l trail
Among the shadows and creases of the elm's mottled bark, you notice the sign of the horned horse.
R> go trail

You set off into the wilds, following the direction of the trailmarker...

[Northern Trade Road, Meadowlands]
The forest to the south is thick and dark, a stark comparison to the open meadow around you. Short, springy grass grows in soft mounds over hillocks and hollows. Tiny white wildflowers peek out amongst the greenery, their petals open to accept the sunlight.
Obvious paths: north, south.

> scout trail
You have difficulty navigating that trail.
[Because your account is free, you don't have access to the province this trail leads to. To purchase access, visit www.play.net/dr/store .]
You are unable to locate a trail in the area.
Re: Ranger trails too restricted by FTP 02/13/2021 05:02 PM CST

Keep in mind the provincial boundary is actually just north of dirge, not the ferry.