Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/12/2016 10:43 AM CST
At a certain point, boosting your highest ranking craft skill will become pointless. It would be really nice to "specify" which crafting skill the spell will boost when casting.

Just a thought...
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/12/2016 10:44 AM CST
At least when self cast...
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/12/2016 11:34 AM CST
>>At a certain point, boosting your highest ranking craft skill will become pointless.

This isn't really accurate given the nature of material workability. Hell, I think there's a items players literally can't craft because they can't boost themselves enough to do it (like a silversteel riste).

>>It would be really nice to "specify" which crafting skill the spell will boost when casting.

IIRC, it was changed from being "top two" to "top one" because top two was too OP. Making it essentially "all five" would be notably broken, balance-wise.

Would be interesting if there was a metaspell that made it top and bottom craft, but just because I find it funny.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/12/2016 12:33 PM CST
> Would be interesting if there was a metaspell that made it top and bottom craft, but just because I find it funny.

I'd dig it.
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/12/2016 12:40 PM CST
<<Would be interesting if there was a metaspell that made it top and bottom craft, but just because I find it funny.

I like the idea of having a 0-cost metaspell for each skill, of which only one could be learned. To change which skill one buffed, one would need to forget the metaspell, costing at least 30 days, and choose the new metaspell.

Nikpack
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/12/2016 10:13 PM CST
>I like the idea of having a 0-cost metaspell for each skill, of which only one could be learned. To change which skill one buffed, one would need to forget the metaspell, costing at least 30 days, and choose the new metaspell.

It should still cost 1 slot IMO, it's not a cantrip.
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/13/2016 01:05 PM CST

I think allowing the caster to choose which craft is buffed is completely reasonable, but this argument went back and forth every which way when the spell was first released.

Personally, I think it should be an AP spell, but, meh. I already dislike guild specific crafting buffs (AE, REI, etc).
Re: Bards - Whispers of the Muse 12/14/2016 02:57 PM CST
It would be interesting if it buffed the caster's highest crafting skill instead of the target's.
Then you would have an option of finding a bard, or member of another guild who memorized the scroll, that excels in the craft you want to boost.