Recent changes: Pros and Cons 02/11/2013 05:33 PM CST
Hey, this is Torg, 141 barbarian and some things i like and some things i don't about what has changed. Good things; Meditatitions should have tested more. New berserks, also should have tested all of them. I also like how i can choose to forget an ability, but figuring out how to do it is not intuitive, which I believe has been intentional since GM's don't want people flopping around with abilities, saying that one's no good, only to change their mind five minuttes later!
But I digress. Balance update, makes a lot of sense to have more degrees of it. The roar Death's Shriek can no longer kill. Good thing for critters and bad guys, bad for the good guys who are smart enough to be in a big group of strong barbs. On the upside, Viggu can't roar everyone to death like he was fond of doing. Whirlwind; it makes sense that that move is still around but can no longer hit anything and leaves you with poor balance. That stinks, if that's all it does, EVERYBODY should be able to do it! It's about as common as throwing dirt in someone's face. And shouldn't be restricted to hig level barbs, what's the freaking point of having a "Special" manuver that dont do diddly squat! That's my rant. Whirlwind is so bad now, everyone should be able to try it out and die for it.
War STOMP: What happened to war stomps? Drathok's teachings no good anymore!? Are you waiting for something? Just can't figure out the game mechanics for it, what? BRING WAR STOMP BACK PLEASE!!!
Re: Recent changes: Pros and Cons 02/11/2013 06:30 PM CST
Hi Torg! You should probably post this in the barbarian folders, since everything you are discussing is barbarian-specific.

>>Whirlwind is so bad now, everyone should be able to try it out and die for it.

Whirlwind definitely isn't doing well in 3.0, but I disagree that everyone should be able to do it. It is going to be updated at some point, it just hasn't been yet.

>>War STOMP: What happened to war stomps? Drathok's teachings no good anymore!? Are you waiting for something? Just can't figure out the game mechanics for it, what? BRING WAR STOMP BACK PLEASE!!!

You actually miss war stomp? Ha. Well, war stomp is going to be released as a feat at some point, but like whirlwind that point has not yet arrived.
Re: Recent changes: Pros and Cons 02/13/2013 08:40 PM CST
Off topic I know, but why does this folder even exist? Half the folders on the forums need to be retired for heaven's sake.

<<"earning too little skinning experience for a day or so isn't nearly as bad as having a spell that breaks your wings."
Re: Recent changes: Pros and Cons 02/14/2013 02:09 AM CST
The forums are a mess. That's why. They need a lot of work.

>>Half the folders on the forums need to be retired for heaven's sake.

Agreed.