Proficienices 08/12/2022 11:11 AM CDT
Hi all. I hope you are having a great day!

I have a bunch of proficiencies that that I have no idea if I even need now. It didn't really matter because I knew all the spells in the guild but now new spells have come out and I need to free up some spell slots. Which of these proficiencies can I remove?

Legerdemain, Silent Preparation, Basic Preparation Recognition, Advanced Spell Knowledge, Faster Targeting, Faster Battle Preparations, Faster Matrices, Faster Rituals, Alternate Preparation, Focused Preparation, Augmentation Mastery, Debilitation Mastery, Targeted Mastery, Utility Mastery, Improvised Rituals, Cautious Casting, Injured Casting, Deep Attunement, Raw Channeling, Efficient Channeling, Efficient Harnessing, Cautious Harnessing, Improved Memory, Magic Theorist and Dedicated Cambrinth Use

Lunar Magic: 1024 Attunement: 1002
Arcana: 870 Targeted Magic
Augmentation: 688 Debilitation: 633
Utility: 762 Warding: 669
Sorcery: 288

I look forward to hearing from you!

Dierik

You hear Kelneth thinking, "Come as fast as possible... he's barely even a solid person at this point."
Re: Proficienices 08/13/2022 04:37 PM CDT
If the character is a Moon Mage you could forget Deep Attunement and you'd probably never notice the difference as we're so mana-rich these days. I was never a fan of any of the 'faster' feats because it's easy to quickly learn magic and our spells are reasonably fast already. Moon Mage ritual spells aren't recast so often that you gain many benefits from the faster ritual feat. That would free up 5 spell slots.

All the mastery feats could be forgotten. If you forget Aug/Debil/TM Mastery and also forget Mind Shout (assuming Mind Shout is in your spellbook) that would free up 6 spell slots.

Pick up Shadow Web from Adan'f for your debilitation trainer for the cost of 1 spell slot. If you want to keep Mind Shout for an RP reason you'll probably also want to keep debilitation mastery because the heavy offensive timer on that spell is annoying and the debilitation mastery feat mitigates it somewhat.

Hopefully, 10 slots give you enough spell slot space.